Everton rejects £85M Barca bid for Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely this isn’t a serious question?

He’s not worth £150m. That may be the price tag we set, but no team would pay that for him as yet.

He’s potentially world class, but he’s not there yet.

If that's the price tag - that's precisely what he's worth. I wouldn't sell him unless we got AT LEAST 150m pounds. Would you take 120m for him now? I'm sure many people on here wouldn't.

If that's the price tag - that's precisely what he's worth. I wouldn't sell him unless we got AT LEAST 150m pounds. Would you take 120m for him now? I'm sure many people on here wouldn't.

No, what he’s worth is not determined by the selling club. It’s determined by the buying club. The valuation is typically affected by a number of other variables such as the clubs standing, both financially and in Football terms, as well as the players eagerness to leave, all of those can significantly reduce any figure the selling club have in mind.

It doesn’t matter if our price tag is £200m, if nobody will pay it then nobody has decided he’s worth that much money. No club would pay £150m for Richarlison. No club would pay £100m for Richarlison. He’s good, but he’s not THAT good, yet.

As supporters we do seem good at wanting to sell our best players. I know everybody has a price but we should be doing our best to keep him and build a team around him not flog him on to the highest bidder. If it's taken out of our hands then fine but let's try and make it so he doesn't want to leave by getting a team together that can really challenge at all levels. If we keep selling our best players then mediocrity awaits as it has done over the last decades during which we have sold all our best players. We need to change this mentality.

As supporters we do seem good at wanting to sell our best players. I know everybody has a price but we should be doing our best to keep him and build a team around him not flog him on to the highest bidder. If it's taken out of our hands then fine but let's try and make it so he doesn't want to leave by getting a team together that can really challenge at all levels. If we keep selling our best players then mediocrity awaits as it has done over the last decades during which we have sold all our best players. We need to change this mentality.

We won’t be able to get a team able to challenge for all honours fast enough to match Richarlison’s ambitions. He doesn’t want to only be playing Champions League Football and testing himself against the best players when he’s 26/27, when he could (and should) be playing it now at 22.

I have no problem with him wanting to move on to bigger and better when the time is right. That may be this summer, it may be next but it’s coming, of that I’m sure. I just hope he doesn’t stay in the Prem so I don’t have to hate him.

No, what he’s worth is not determined by the selling club. It’s determined by the buying club. The valuation is typically affected by a number of other variables such as the clubs standing, both financially and in Football terms, as well as the players eagerness to leave, all of those can significantly reduce any figure the selling club have in mind.

It doesn’t matter if our price tag is £200m, if nobody will pay it then nobody has decided he’s worth that much money. No club would pay £150m for Richarlison. No club would pay £100m for Richarlison. He’s good, but he’s not THAT good, yet.

How do you know no one would pay that? If someone does decide to buy him for £150m then suddenly you'd change your mind and decide he is worth that? Was Sigurdsson worth £45m when we bought him because that's what we decided he was worth?

They are not that well off ...Coutinho may return back to the other lot....

It's a structured deal, mate. All deals of that magnitude are (save for Neymar to PSG).
They haven't reneged on any payments, I assure you of that by virtue of the fact the papers aren't full of it (look at Cardiff-Nantes).
Now, Messi is a massive financial burden on that club so they certainly aren't as flush as their income should suggest however they certainly can still afford lavish fees, they just won't pay the fee in it's entirety on transfer of the player, it just doesn't work like that.

How do you know no one would pay that? If someone does decide to buy him for £150m then suddenly you'd change your mind and decide he is worth that? Was Sigurdsson worth £45m when we bought him because that's what we decided he was worth?

Because in the current market no clubs are chucking around £100m plus for anything other than indisputably, consistently top class Footballers, it’s just stupid to think otherwise, and Richarlison isn’t there yet. I also don’t think it would take £100m to persuade the club to sell, but that’s a separate issue entirely. £100m in this market gets you Jadon Sancho who is 2-3 years younger and playing better at a higher level.

If Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG came in for him, he’d go for the figure quoted in these reports, around £80m. If it was a Chelsea, United, City, Spurs, Arsenal or dare I say a Liverpool, it would be more like £90-95m.

But even then, I don’t know necessarily believe those clubs would be interested at that fee, they are all typically risk averse in the transfer market and, you can see from the Ziyech transfer today, there’s better value for half the cost elsewhere in the market.

Yes, Sigurdsson was worth £45m at the time we bought him. He’s represented fairly poor value since but that was the figure us and Swansea agreed on, which is important.

Because in the current market no clubs are chucking around £100m plus for anything other than indisputably, consistently top class Footballers, and Richarlison isn’t there yet. I also don’t think it would take £100m to persuade the club to sell, but that’s a separate issue entirely. £100m in this market gets you Jadon Sancho who is 2-3 years younger and playing better at a higher level.

If Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG came in for him, he’d go for the figure quoted in these reports, around £80m. If it was a Chelsea, United, City, Spurs, Arsenal or dare I say a Liverpool, it would be more like £90-95m.

But even then, I don’t know necessarily believe those clubs would be interested at that fee, they are all typically risk averse in the transfer market and, you can see from the Ziyech transfer today, there’s better value for half the cost elsewhere in the market.

Yes, Sigurdsson was worth £45m at the time we bought him. He’s represented fairly poor value since but that was the figure us and Swansea agreed on, which is important.

It's absolutely incredible that you think we're selling Richarlison for £80m-90m. I don't think I can come up with a response to this. You've finally worn me down, defeated me. Having thought about it for several minutes, there's actually nothing I can type back to that. Congratulations.

It's absolutely incredible that you think we're selling Richarlison for £80m-90m. I don't think I can come up with a response to this. You've actually worn me down, defeated me. Having thought about it for several minutes, there's actually nothing I can type back to that. Congratulations.

No, either i’ve not been clear enough or you’ve misunderstood, but I don’t think that.

I don’t think anyone would be prepared to pay £100m for him. At best, they would pay £80-90m for him.

I don’t think the club would actively be interested in selling the player at that price, so unless Rico wanted to go and was agitating to do so (which he will eventually) then he’ll stay.

All of this points to him staying, for this summer at least. As I said, £100m this summer gets you Jadon Sancho. Richarlison isn’t at that level, isn’t playing CL Football and he’s 3 years older.

Status
Not open for further replies.