Everton records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Just a few tidbits I thought would make a nice distraction from slating, err, watching our players in the WC.

By no means a comprehensive trivia list, just a few bits. Left out shared records and stuff, like most appaearemces in LC finals without winning, and most goals on aggregate in LC.

• Most draws overall in the top flight: 1106, Everton
  • Most losses overall in the top flight: 1,506, Everton
  • City represented with most seasons in top flight: Liverpool. The city has always had a top flight member of either Everton or Liverpool.
  • Most top-flight goals scored in total:6929, Everton – to end 2016/17 season.

• Most seasons in top flight overall: 114 seasons, Everton

Nice list @Groucho.
We'll have to a special ceremony each year when you update the goals, draws etc. figures.
Why not add this season's goals (won't need a calculator sadly).

Everton-FC-Here-We-Go-1985-official.jpg

First football club to set up a charity to support the welfare of past players - the Everton Former Players Foundation - was the first of its kind I believe. In today’s football world of incredible wealth it’s often too easy to forget it wasn’t like this for many.
Now this is the kind of record I like. Well done Everton.

...our @Groucho loves his facts.

I suppose there’s a difference between holding a record and being the first to do something. I also thought;

Everton v Aston Villa holds the record for the most played game in top flight football.

Last edited:
...our @Groucho loves his facts.

I suppose there’s a difference between holding a record and being the first to do something. I also thought;

Everton v Aston Villa holds the record for the most played game in top flight football.

Villa will be replaced by the Merseyside Derby if they don't get their act together soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.