Everton ranked 27th by Deloitte

Status
Not open for further replies.

daza_1973

Player Valuation: £60m
http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/industries/sportsbusinessgroup/sports/football/deloitte-football-money-league-2011/5596840c99e9d210VgnVCM2000001b56f00aRCRD.htm

I know it's been touched on in other threads today, but I thought it deserved its own...

Everton 27th in the world football money league.... depressing isn't it.
The fact Aston Villa are seven places above us by £15million is depressing too...
AND Fulham and West ham are hot on our heels.....
yes FULHAM and WEST HAM - something is very wrong at our beloved club......

Spurs are 12th....I know Im banging on about them, and they do have a sugar daddy. But facing facts...getting into the champions league, playing big teams like Inter and AC coming up seemed to have boosted them in a commercial sense. Add to that the ludicrous sponser deal they have for the shirts - £10million per year.

Whats ours? £12million over 3 years or something? A joke!

And look at Villa! Made £52mill from broadcasting revenue!

It make me laugh what the board is doing. It doesnt seem to factor that...by not investing into the team, the less likely the team is going to succeed and the harder it is to keep afloat in the premiership.

I have a go at Moyes all the time for his tactics etc but when the fact the actual club will fall to its knees when he doesnt do his job or deliver successful season is something no manager should really have the burden of. Adding to the fact he has to sell to buy players too.

Spurs are 12th....I know Im banging on about them, and they do have a sugar daddy. But facing facts...getting into the champions league, playing big teams like Inter and AC coming up seemed to have boosted them in a commercial sense. Add to that the ludicrous sponser deal they have for the shirts - £10million per year.

Whats ours? £12million over 3 years or something? A joke!

No they don't. Having a rich owner isn't that same as having a sugar daddy. Enic is an investment vehicle for Joe Lewis, but he hasn't invested in Spurs other than to buy shares. He's not a sugar daddy at all. All the money at Spurs is generated through the PLC. Joe Lewis has never put a penny into the club in the way the likes of Abramovich, Jack Walker, Sir John Hall or Khaldoon have at their clubs. He hasn't even ever lent money in the way of interest free loans as Randy Learner has at Villa. In fact all he's done is make money from the club and even got to buy more shares in the issue in 2004, that was very advantageous for him and wouldn't have been allowed to happen so easily in other forms of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.