Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st half thoughts -

Non existent press and still playing like we're trying to not get relegated in a pre season match.
Wide CB's look like they've never seen a football when in possession.
Nkounkou decent going forward but 0 awareness of players on his shoulder defensively. Patterson similarly hasn't looked great defensively
2 man midfield still for about the 3rd year in a row doesn't work, unless you're an elite team you need to pack the middle with bodies.
Alli and Gray useless
Mina has to stay fit because laurel and hardy surrounding him today are not it.

Yeah 6 is vital... This Davies obsession needs to end, he's a waste of a wage.
Agree on both counts
TBH it looks like a carbon copy of our last PL game... absolutely nothing has changed, we will be fighting relegation next season without a Richy to pull us through...
Oh I'm worried too and was before this match because we haven't added anyone but Tarks when we needed a defensive midfielder to bed in as well, also the 343 doesn't suit these players for me they aren't good enough on the ball at the back especially. But you do need perspective Arsenal look way sharper this is our first preseason match. We should have had more lined up for me.

Like what I see from Nkounkou going forward, but he needs to make massive improvements defensively or perhaps just become a winger full-time. Also, if we're going to play this formation with Dele on the field, he should be in Gray's spot next to Dom and either Gordon or Iwobi should be where Dele was in the first half.

1st half thoughts -

Non existent press and still playing like we're trying to not get relegated in a pre season match.
Wide CB's look like they've never seen a football when in possession.
Nkounkou decent going forward but 0 awareness of players on his shoulder defensively. Patterson similarly hasn't looked great defensively
2 man midfield still for about the 3rd year in a row doesn't work, unless you're an elite team you need to pack the middle with bodies.
Alli and Gray useless
Mina has to stay fit because laurel and hardy surrounding him today are not it.

Absolutely spot on

No illusions. This squad was in relegation danger because the roster wasn't good enough. Take out Richarlison and they are that much closer to being back in the fight to go down. Better they are awful in the preseason to create the necessary urgency to add 3-4 legit players to this team over the next few weeks. They need them badly.

The formatio3n is all wrong, Arsenal have an extra man in midfield and are able to control play as they like.

All three central defenders have been poor and Nkonkou is a winger but not a defender.

Davies has done well, Dele gas been casual and anonymous , Gray has shown a few isolated touches and DCL has absolutely no support.

More than anything we have got to make our midfield more solid.

First game of the preseason and result is not important but the problem's are obvious

Preseason, regular season
It’s all very familiar
Haha yes. Easy t forget that Arsenal fans would have you believe that it’s the end of the world they’re not winning leagues. They’re still an excellent football team. We’re a club in crisis and don’t have technical footballers. Doesn’t mean much the result whether it ends 2-2/5-9 or whatever.

What does matter is that there aren’t any notable improvements. We can’t string any fork of possesiin together. We can’t defend basic set pieces. We are overrun in midfield. That’s all tactics. It’s not like it’s one individual just having a stinker. As crap as Davies and Doucoure are, and they are crap, they’re outnumbered everytime and have no way of moving the ball, on the rare occasion they come and get it.
The tactics worry me. I love 3 at the back, I do not like 3 at the back and 3 at the front as it leaves the middle of the park wide open. I remember Martinez having a go at doing this too.

Crazy to think we are planning ahead for a midfield 2, look at the teams that play 2 in midfield, they have players that are able technically to pass, we don't

Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.