Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking around the league, it’s a common theme this summer of PL sides playing each other in other countries, just how it’s gonna be going forth

Arsenal are not only playing us but also Chelsea

United are playing the RS in Bangkok and Villa and Leeds in Australia

Leeds and Villa are also facing each other in Australia with Palace playing the former there as well and the RS in Singapore

City have 2 games in America, one against Bayern, Southampton have a game in Austria, Newcastle play Atalanta and Bilbao at home in the space of 24 hours while Spurs play 2 games in South Korea, one against Sevilla, Rangers at Ibrox and Roma in Israel

Leicester, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves and Brentford haven’t announced anything yet nor the 3 promoted clubs

And? I don't like playing other Premier league sides in pre-season, I said 'could' not definitely will. There are a whole world of football teams, we don't need to be playing our proper season opponents, just my opinion mate.
Agree mate, never saw the point, it seems a stupid thing to do. People are more likely to have grudges against players, whats the point the RS playing United in a pre season for example. A friendly game should be a light hearted game, played in the right spirit, not playing against your future rivals.

Agree mate, never saw the point, it seems a stupid thing to do. People are more likely to have grudges against players, whats the point the RS playing United in a pre season for example. A friendly game should be a light hearted game, played in the right spirit, not playing against your future rivals.
Agree, it's also just more fun and novel to play a random side than someone we've seen 2-3x a season for decades

Agree, it's also just more fun and novel to play a random side than someone we've seen 2-3x a season for decades
I don't understand how after all these years the club haven't realised, that playing pre season games against sides people want to see is the right thing to do. Seasons where we've played against good opposition we've done well in the start of the season.

Looking around the league, it’s a common theme this summer of PL sides playing each other in other countries, just how it’s gonna be going forth

Arsenal are not only playing us but also Chelsea

United are playing the RS in Bangkok and Villa and Leeds in Australia

Leeds and Villa are also facing each other in Australia with Palace playing the former there as well and the RS in Singapore

City have 2 games in America, one against Bayern, Southampton have a game in Austria, Newcastle play Atalanta and Bilbao at home in the space of 24 hours while Spurs play 2 games in South Korea, one against Sevilla, Rangers at Ibrox and Roma in Israel

Leicester, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves and Brentford haven’t announced anything yet nor the 3 promoted clubs
Israel would be a great pre season trip

Tickets for 4 bought today, looks like a big attendance in prospect. Large sections of the stadium sold already.
Hi! Any advice on sections? Did you contact Minnesota, or a ticketing agency? We'll be over for both the games; going to Washington on 12th, then on to Baltimore 15 and 16, before flying to Minneapolis/St Paul on 17th to 21st. When I've been over to the US previously, the various Everton groups were always quite active arranging meet-ups etc. Great chance to meet ex-pat and American toffees.

Status
Not open for further replies.