Everton Pre-Season 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pienaar's gloves

Player Valuation: £35m
I will update this post when we have an exact schedule, however 'The Echo understands...':

Roberto Martinez is determined to avoid the slow start of last season by revamping Everton’s pre-season schedule.

The Blues boss has planned a 60 session summer training plan that will start in the week beginning July 6.

Everton’s players were undercooked last term and together with a number of key players suffering from a World Cup hangover, Martinez’s side made a poor start to the campaign.

The Catalan maintains that the Blues faced a good level of opposition, including Celta Vigo and Porto, but admits his players began the season not fully fit.

But Martinez has mapped out plans for this summer that he hopes will see his players hit the ground running at the start of the new season on August 8.

Austria No show
Everton will skip their usual early summer warm weather training camp in the Austrian village of Bad Erlach.

The Blues’ trip to just outside Vienna had become customary but this year they will spend the first week of pre-season at Finch Farm ahead of their first game.

Everton are set to face Football League opposition on Saturday, July 11 before jetting off to Singapore a day later.

Asia Bound
The Blues are taking part in the Barclays Asia Trophy this summer where they will play two games.

Everton face Stoke City at the National Stadium on Wednesday, July 15 and then play for a second time on Saturday, July 18.

Martinez’s side will either face Arsenal or a Singapore Select XI, depending on the results in the first round of games.

Sunny Scotland next
Everton will then fly back to the UK before travelling north of the border for a five day camp in Scotland.

The ECHO understands that the Blues have plans for as many as three games in that period, although some could be played behind-closed doors.

Goodison return
Martinez’s troops then return to Merseyside for the final two weeks of their preparation and will play one more friendly before the 2015-16 Premier League season starts.

Everton will play their only home fixture of the summer on Sunday, August 2 with the opposition still to be confirmed.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...o-martinez-revamps-everton-pre-season-9381224

Just about everyone seems to be of the opinion that pre-season last year was inadequate, myself included.

Hopeful that this Asian tournament and a few high-intensity games against Championship teams will put us on the right path.

That would be a genuinely abysmal pre season and would probably start us off half as ready as last season.

Don't really buy into the pre-season excuse for last year. Pre-season will give you an opportunity to build fitness and review tactics but you've got 38 games to work on that as well - and we we're consistently found wanting throughout the season.

Tranmere last year was awful, thank God it was only twenty minutes on the train.

Don't really buy into the pre-season excuse for last year. Pre-season will give you an opportunity to build fitness and review tactics but you've got 38 games to work on that as well - and we we're consistently found wanting throughout the season.

I don't think it can excuse the entire season, however it contributed early on, for sure.

So basically The Echo understands utterly nothing.

Whats the actual point in that paper?

To promote all things RS, and if reporting on serious criminal matters, to the let the public know when the defendant is an Evertonian.

Tranmere last year was awful, thank God it was only twenty minutes on the train.

I don't think it can excuse the entire season, however it contributed early on, for sure.

I think it all snowballed. We had a bad pre-season, so our first few games were crap and we lost games we should have won - most significantly that Arsenal game. Then we lost our confidence that we had started the season with, then we had a load of injuries, and from there our season just got worse and worse, probably until we signed Lennon on loan in January.

Last preseason was a very short programme of games, that's what made it all feel a bit half baked. Five games rather than the usual 6 or 7.

I dont know why the Austrian training camp has been binned; it seems to have worked out in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.