Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every manager in world football bar a minor number rely on scouts D. A manager can have final say on whatever signings they want before they themselves or a higher up conducts a deal, the player still comes from a scout.

And it's not like Spurs have done what Leicester did in signing unknown gems. They've signed quite a number of known players that are currently some of their best.

He's a brilliant coach. One of the world's best but he's not a manager in the traditional sense.
You say he's not a manager in a traditional sense because he uses scouts...but all past managers who were the clear decision makers on the football side of a club have always used scouts. It's not a departure that Pochettino uses them also.

I haven't seen anything yet to persuade me that Pochettino doesn't do exaclty what Moyes and Martinez did while here and what their predecessors also did.

I think we're in danger of giving exclusive knowledge of signing players to a DoF, as if it cant possibly be done any other way. That's nonsense. It's been done very successfully.

Technically, I doubt United were top 4 at the time, but SAF bought Strachan from Aberdeen didnt he?
Strachan signed for United in Aug 84
In the 83/84 season united finished 4th
Are you sitting down for the next bit
The RS win the league
The current RS reserves were second
Forest were third
United 4th
QPR 5th
Arsenal 6th
Everton 7th

All the above thanks to my amazing photographic memory

With a bit of help from google

I understand how you could view what Celtic are doing and think he's being unambitious but it's different when you're a die-hard fan of the club.
The guy who wrote this piece is someone Peter Lawwell used to basically unofficially make statements.

https://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/no-bids-for-tierney-and-none-wanted/
So why would it take a week to put that out mate , even unofficially.
And cant Lawwell speak for himself.
Your club could have quashed this the same day.
There is obviously encouragement on both side's to do this deal.

So why would it take a week to put that out mate , even unofficially.
And cant Lawwell speak for himself.
Your club could have quashed this the same day.
There is obviously encouragement on both side's to do this deal.
The same website 2 days before were running stories about us bidding. The same guy on Twitter said we or agents maybe, were trying to undermine the player.

I haven’t read what Rodgers said only hear say on Twitter. Did he say a large bid would be hard to turn down?. And like you say, why don’t the club or player just make a statement to say he’s not for sale.

Are you 100% sure Dave @RobSpurs

AFAIK we have a transfer committee (I think that's what I've heard it called) which includes the manager, chairman, chief scout etc but Poch has final say.

Pretty sure we don't have a DOF anymore. We nabbed the guy from Southampton who was meant to be some data whizz to idenfiy targets (I forget his name) but he left a while ago.

Good call on Nicholas. Arsenal were in their George Graham era then, so almost certainly top 4 material.

I fully expect someone to unearth some random player who went from Hibs or similar to a decent top PL club though!
Graham jibbed Charlie right off, and then sorted team spirit and won the league didn't he ?

The same website 2 days before were running stories about us bidding. The same guy on Twitter said we or agents maybe, were trying to undermine the player.

I haven’t read what Rodgers said only hear say on Twitter. Did he say a large bid would be hard to turn down?. And like you say, why don’t the club or player just make a statement to say he’s not for sale.
Exactly.

The only "reliable journalists" on both sides with the same story.
If Celtic dont want this they would have pulled the plug a week ago. Think that guy is chatting wham....knows nothing.

Looks like I have started a debate on Scottish exports!!

Modern day, not 1 player has gone from Scottish football straight into a top 4/top european team. They will happily let Southampton, Hull, even probably us, sign these players, expose them to the rigours of PL and maybe europe knowing full well they can rock up 2-3 years later and sign the player if they become top quality.

Thats just the way life is. Maybe Tierney and his family think its the only way he will get to a top european club. Not by playing
St Mirren and Livingstone every week and cleaning up in a 1 team league.

Exactly.

The only "reliable journalists" on both sides with the same story.
If Celtic dont want this they would have pulled the plug a week ago. Think that guy is chatting wham....knows nothing.

Fact is, on our side, Joyce, Bascombe and King had the story on the same night. They've been briefed.

Until he say otherwise, we're in the market for the boy.

Looks like I have started a debate on Scottish exports!!

Modern day, not 1 player has gone from Scottish football straight into a top 4/top european team. They will happily let Southampton, Hull, even probably us, sign these players, expose them to the rigours of PL and maybe europe knowing full well they can rock up 2-3 years later and sign the player if they become top quality.

Thats just the way life is. Maybe Tierney and his family think its the only way he will get to a top european club. Not by playing
St Mirren and Livingstone every week and cleaning up in a 1 team league.
Steve Archibald to Spurs....not sure of their league standing tho.

tumblr_mn0bgtHhJv1snmpfxo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.