Everton Player Ratings - v Newcastle (17th September 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Player Valuation: £50m
Well we haven't seen this for a little while - let's have a good look at today.

Howard - 5

Again I've been proved right, mistake after mistake from Tim in goals - a shaky start to the season. I'm probably gonna get a load of abuse from the Yanks when they come on, but this is non rose-tinted glasses view.

Mistakes tonight and against Villa, I hope Boruc joins soon - he can replace Howard immediately.

Hibbert - 7

Good performance, as usual. Did Jagielka a favour by filling the space he left when he went forward (for some strange reason).

Jagielka - 4

Abject performance, big supporter of him but he needs dropping. Heitinga must be fuming after being left out and being made to watch that pitiful performance.

Distin - 7

Had to work harder because of how poor Jagielka was. Got back when needed and did Cissé's tits in.

Good performance, should of maybe got the ball off the line.

Baines - 8

Looked great on the left-hand side, especially in the first half. However he was forced to sit back most of the second half but still looked good in defence.

Neville - 3

Awful. Absolutely awful.

Can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle, can't run - can't do anything in the middle of the park.

Poor Poor Poor Poor.

Osman - 6

Looked good going forward, but did his trademark 'not going to hear off me for a little while' in the second half. Leightweight as usual, what Moyes was doing playing him deep I'll never know.

Mirallas - 7

Promising, showed intent and was unlucky not to have scored.

Fellaini - 8

Really good tonight, knackered by the end of it though.

Brought the ball down and passed it well.

Pienaar - 7

Looked awesome in the opening 30 or so minutes, then took a knock and seemed to struggle for the rest of the game.

Jelavic - NA

Didn't do much, had to come off injured. Would be unfair to rate him.

Subsitutions

Anichebe - 8

Looked really really good, scored two good goals tonight. IF Jelavic's injury is serious, then he looks good enough to cover in for him.

Man of the Match.

Naismith - NA

Wasn't on long enough, played in a deeper role - showed some energy but didn't contribute to play.

Gotta say i agree with Anichebe, played superb since his introduction, chased every lost ball, utilised possesion well and scored two decent goals, i've always maintained that he has the ability but lacked the attitude to nail a starting place and if he can keep working the way he did tonight then i'll be a happy evertonian!

Howard - 5. Caught out too easily, certain defenders didnt help, and the game should have been dead before he was tested.

Hibbert - 7. Solid, couple of good crosses, couple of bad, and defended like a trojan.

Jagielka - 5. England jitters. Stop reading the papers and start reading the game.

Distin - 6. Caught out a few times, not as bad as jags, but still lacking.

Baines - 8. Unlucky not to carve out more, great first half, where was the second half?

Neville - 4. Irrelevant after the booking, was on orders to fill in midfield but was nullified. Nullified by a sh!t ref that doesnt have a lot of claim to oxygen.

Osman - 6. Solid and unlucky first half, went to rat p!ss second. Jeckyl and Hyde.

Mirallas - 6. Had he scored first half he'd have got 6 or 7 goals, didnt happen for him and the pace told - and so did the toon kicking.

Fellaini - 5. Not disciplined, great when the going is good, but when things go against him like at Brom, his game gets away from him.

Pienaar - 6. Bad decision after bad decision. lucky to get 6.

Jelavic - 10. Game changed when he went off, suddenly their defence could work their way out because they werent scared anymore. It is the cost we face for having a top striker on the books and no back up. When he goes off, its like a goal for them. kick kick kick! (although not today)

Anichebe - 6. Not good enough to be Bergkamp or Zola, so cant expect to throw a 3 minute cameo in and be hailed the saviour - lets see the anger, the thirst and determination and sheer pissed-offness for a solid 45 minutes - not a 3 minute spell when he feels like. Ref and linesmen cockrots screwed him over and suddenly he looked a force.

Moyes - 0. Wrong setup and wrong subs. His side bottled it again, like so many times. He needs to teach a ruthless streak where his players are confident and comfortable to stick a shed load of goals past whoever and not break sweat. It is a mental mountain that has been bred into his teams that the game is only safe when we are lucky enough to put 2 or 3 goals past the oppo.

Ref was bad, but it should have been academic after 45 minutes. Disappointing, disheartening, and disheveled.

I thought Vic was good again tonight, should have been two goals for him as well. His second was a great turn and finish. He also actually celebrated! ha

Howard 5
Hibbert 7
Jagielka 5
Distin 6
Baines 8
Mirallas 8
Osman 5
Neville 5
Pienaar 7
Fellaini 7
Jelavic 6

Anichebe 6

Jelavic - 10. Game changed when he went off, suddenly their defence could work their way out because they werent scared anymore. It is the cost we face for having a top striker on the books and no back up. When he goes off, its like a goal for them. kick kick kick! (although not today)

10? Really??? For me Ba's introduction changed the game. As well as those 2 disallowed goals which i will never forgive.

Howard - 2 - At fault for both goals, one good save from Ben Arfa, but when you concede two goals by not doing the basic 'keeper skill of reacting to the ball rather than the player, one other save doesn't make amends. He was terrible.

Hibbert - 7 - Solid game, nullified a dangerous Newcastle left side for most of the game.

Jagielka - 5 - Poor for the most. Not helped by the midfield leaving enough space to sail a barge through in front of the defence for the entire second half when Neville and Osman evaporated into thin air.

Distin - 6 - Same issue as Jagielka, but he did well first half to keep Cisse quiet.

BAINES - 8 - MAN OF THE MATCH: Ran them ragged first half, had to drop deeper as the midfield fell apart in the second half thanks to "Pip", but overall he was comfortably our best player.

Neville - 1 - The worst performance from an Everton midfielder since Mitch Ward and Claus Thomsen. Mistimed tackles, misplaced passes, no movement, no defensive cover when that was his only role in the side; he may as well have sat down the entire second half in the middle of the pitch. Not only finished at the top level, he's finished as a footballer.

Osman - 3 - Looked sprite and alert early doors, but with Neville being his usual self he was quickly overrun in the second half as Newcastle took advantage of the glaring hole in midfield. Too lightweight to play that role without a competent partner, which Neville isn't.

Mirallas - 7 - Very useful, bright attacking play, but looked selfish at times and if he'd looked for the pass on two or three occasions we could have put Newcastle to bed in the first half. Exciting prospect to look forward to.

Pienaar - 7 - Very good first half, but squandered possession when we needed him to step up to the mark and make an impact in the second half. Overall you can't fault his endeavour and workrate with Baines. Poor play when he should have laid in Osman for a sitter in the second half.

Fellaini - 7 - He's doing a job out of position, but he tires rapidly after the hour mark and it means we run out of ideas offensively when he fades. He should be used in his actual role in central midfield alongside Osman, but unfortunately Moyes hasn't got a clue.

Jelavic - N/A

SUBS:

Anichebe - 6 - He moves from looking great to looking like a fat Conference level striker, often in the same minute of action. A complete enigma. He scored but he shouldn't be anywhere near a starting spot, especially not alongside Fellaini. Good option off the bench against poor defences like Newcastle tonight.

howard 6 at fault for first goal with his position and feet werent quick enough

hibbert 7 what you get is what you get with hibbo solid

distin 7 can be pleased with his 90 mins unlucky not to get a leg to ba,s 2nd goal

baines 8.5 excellent as usual from baines

miralles 6 early days needs time to adjust to english game

neville 6 early booking didnt help and wasnt giving much help in centre from ossie

osman 4 big ossie fan but he,l know proberly his worst game for us in a long time hope its one off

pieraar 6 as always linked with baines very well prob should have passed instead of shooting end of first half osman was in on goal if he passed

fellaini 7 good in patches scored a good goal only to be disallowed

jelavic 7 played solid while on hopefully injury isnt too serious cos we need jela scoring goals

anichebe 8 played very well good energy and effort and good finishes for both his goals

naismith 6 not much time to impress but didnt do much wrong while on

I'm not Jagielka's biggest fan but giving him a 4 and Distin a 7 confuses me.

Oh and Anichebe 8 ? He's the only striker i've ever seen in the PL trip over his own feet when through on goal. Not good enough and i doubt he ever will be.

I'm not Jagielka's biggest fan but giving him a 4 and Distin a 7 confuses me.

Oh and Anichebe 8 ? He's the only striker i've ever seen in the PL trip over his own feet when through on goal. Not good enough and i doubt he ever will be.

Would you still be saying that if both of his goals stood and he won us the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.