Everton OS Hospitality

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just hospitality, this is where you renew your season ticket as well, am I right?

Jesus

14bthn5.png

Tick tock, still expired. Don't renew your season ticket via the OS just yet.

14bthn5.png

Tick tock, still expired. Don't renew your season ticket via the OS just yet.

To be fair, security certificates don't really give any extra layer of security, just an verbal assurement which can be bought from where ever by who ever for what ever. Basically a money making scheme for the parties involved issuing them.

Would look better if they'd renew it tho'.

To be fair, security certificates don't really give any extra layer of security, just an verbal assurement which can be bought from where ever by who ever for what ever. Basically a money making scheme for the parties involved issuing them.

Would look better if they'd renew it tho'.

Wrong, while SSL certificates themselves don't provide the security necessary for TLS or SSL itself, the data is still encrypted, but the site is now open to a man in the middle attack, you only need the private key to spoof the address, which isn't rocket science now the public key is not longer valid.

not professing to be a know all, but i know an SSL cert is massively important to financial transactions. Saying 'its just a money spinner' is far from the truth. i agree the whole CA is broken to be honest, whenever someone gets a private key, it's game over ( see KPN, RSA, DigiNotar etc )

Wrong, while SSL certificates themselves don't provide the security necessary for TLS or SSL itself, the data is still encrypted, but the site is now open to a man in the middle attack, you only need the private key to spoof the address, which isn't rocket science now the public key is not longer valid.

not professing to be a know all, but i know an SSL cert is massively important to financial transactions. Saying 'its just a money spinner' is far from the truth. i agree the whole CA is broken to be honest, whenever someone gets a private key, it's game over ( see KPN, RSA, DigiNotar etc )

Well the money spinning aspect is that they do charge much (for a private person anyway) for something that doesn't really require any real verification from their part, that's mostly a rant about the pricing :) I'm not an expert either, but as far as I know, a certified key is as secure as a non cert one. The certification only guarantees that in order for it to be valid, you need to renew it every now and then and thus lessening the possibility of being brute forced / given out in human error (and obv just using something totally wrong as a cert), but the bruteforcing / human error can happen while it's still valid, it's just like a password you are suggested to change every now and then in case someone has learnt it. Or that's how I see it anyway :)

I would like Everton to fix that tho' as it calms people down and Everton should have enough working budget to fork out a few hundred bob for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.