Everton morph into Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bothered about the stats, the question is are we playing more entertaining football than last season and the answer to that is yes.
The players appear to have suddenly realised that if they run towards the goal with the ball, things tend to happen; and all a lot more quickly than passing sideways and backwards whilst the opposition regroup.

Incredible stuff really.

Football is about entertainment, I want to see beautiful football. This is one of the reasons I chose Swansea over Cardiff. It's a shame the Premier League still has clogger managers like Benitez in 2021.

Everton should have tried to sign Sarri instead of Benitez.

It’s about winning, it’s a competition.

But at what cost? If you survive this season you will be another Newcastle or Stoke, playing uninspiring football with no ambition.
At the brutal cost of upsetting fans like you that dont like seeing a team 3rd in scoring, and who havent lost yet.

I dont know how Benitez can live with himself knowing what hes done. Though personally Im mighty inspired by goals and balls being passed into the net rather than to teamates.

3rd least amount of possession in the league (39%)
2nd least amount of passes per game in the league
Rafael is a Spanish Tony Pulis
I've been enjoying the morph.

When we carry the ball forward we look like we can score.

Of course at the back there's Keane, but hopefully, the manager has had enough of the horse's cart.

Hi Brian. Looking well here
417ptp0XdsL._AC_SS450_.jpg

But at what cost? If you survive this season you will be another Newcastle or Stoke, playing uninspiring football with no ambition.
Why does this concern you so much? Are you a well wisher that wants Everton to play beautiful football?

I'm not sure you are aware of the players at Benitez's disposal not being 100% ideal when it comes to expansive football. The beautiful game need solid foundations if it is to succeed. As much as I dislike Benitez, I recognise that he is putting in a lot of work to get those foundations in place.

Possession and passes aren't everything. We are playing very direct and with pace. I've really enjoyed watching the first 2 league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.