Everton 'Loyalty' Scheme ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Smith

Player Valuation: £35m
Hi Guys

I'm trying to get to the bottom of ticketing priorities for Home / Away games for this season, but after reading the OS and other forums am getting myself confused!

Does anybody know if Everton are still using the 'Loyalty' scheme when it comes to where you stand in the queue for your chance of buying match tickets this season, both Home and Away?

In July 2009 they launched the Loyalty scheme http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/ticket-scheme-launched.html, where by you were rewarded between 5 and 25 points per match, and the more points you built up, the sooner you could by tickets for following matches. Were these Loyalty points just rewarded / valid for Home games though? Tickets for the season opener at home to Man United are now available but there is no mention of how many Loyalty points will be rewarded. Has this whole Loyalty scheme now been scrapped then??

The 'Latest Ticket Information' for the Blackpool Away pre-season game http://www.evertonfc.com/tickets/premiership-ticket-information.html?m=2085 seems to be basing ticket priority on just STH with multiple Away credits from last season, and then they go on General Sale, there is no mention of Loyalty points at all.

I have also just signed up to the ForEverton membership scheme, and having checked my 'Puchace History' online, it doesn't appear that any Loyalty points have been awarded for this (you used to get 10 Loyalty points per membership), which all indicates that the scheme is now no more.

Is there a simple explanation on how Home / Away tickets are prioritised anywhere? Cheers in advance for any help fellas.

Lee

The system worked in theory, but it was done wrongly.

If I went to 4 London away games, I would have only 20 loyalty points, a non-ST holder who bought a ticket for say, Chelsea at home, would have 25 loyalty points.

I think quite righty, ST holders who amassed a number of aways, should get first choice on everything and then work its way down from that. People who buy Evertonia or whatever it's called should have priority on home games, and if still available, then on aways.

Looks like they have just gone back to basics, whoever has built up the most games, gets priority.

If I went to 4 London away games, I would have only 20 loyalty points, a non-ST holder who bought a ticket for say, Chelsea at home, would have 25 loyalty points.

No, I think that is how it was supposed to work. It benefits the club more to encourage people to go to home games than it does aways. STHs were rewarded for their home attendance by getting a block amount of loyalty points upfront. As far as I understood it, non-STHs would need to buy tickets for every home league game to match this. As a result, STHs with aways did have priority.

The problem was that when it came to it i.e. the semi last season they didn't bother using it anyway. A mate had been to both home league cup games and all four home FA Cup games yet had to wait for the STH + 0 as he'd only been to one away, so despite having been to seven extra games only ended up with the same loyalty as someone who had not been to any extra games at all.

For your normal aways though it does make sense for those regular travellers to get priority on aways, but the loyalty scheme was brought in after the Wembley trips in 09 to make the priority and allocation for games like that were fair.

No, I think that is how it was supposed to work. It benefits the club more to encourage people to go to home games than it does aways. STHs were rewarded for their home attendance by getting a block amount of loyalty points upfront. As far as I understood it, non-STHs would need to buy tickets for every home league game to match this. As a result, STHs with aways did have priority.

The problem was that when it came to it i.e. the semi last season they didn't bother using it anyway. A mate had been to both home league cup games and all four home FA Cup games yet had to wait for the STH + 0 as he'd only been to one away, so despite having been to seven extra games only ended up with the same loyalty as someone who had not been to any extra games at all.

For your normal aways though it does make sense for those regular travellers to get priority on aways, but the loyalty scheme was brought in after the Wembley trips in 09 to make the priority and allocation for games like that were fair.

I'm sorry though, your mate only doing cup games shouldn't guarantee him a Wembley ticket over a ST who has been to no cup games at all.

I suppose it was designed to encourage people to home games but they got nothing out of it in the end really, but I don't see a better way of doing it, you go the most games, you should get the priority that way it saves a farcical scenes like the Scunthorpe away FA Cup tie, were people signed up for auto-cup aways but hadn't been to a league away all year, yet they got a ticket ahead of people who had been to every away game in the league up until that point in the season.

I'm sorry though, your mate only doing cup games shouldn't guarantee him a Wembley ticket over a ST who has been to no cup games at all.

I suppose it was designed to encourage people to home games but they got nothing out of it in the end really, but I don't see a better way of doing it, you go the most games, you should get the priority that way it saves a farcical scenes like the Scunthorpe away FA Cup tie, were people signed up for auto-cup aways but hadn't been to a league away all year, yet they got a ticket ahead of people who had been to every away game in the league up until that point in the season.

What I was saying was that he got no more priority than people who had been to seven fewer games than him, but that's by-the-by. The point was the club had a loyalty scheme which would have seen him have a quite high priority, but in the end he wasn't that high at all. I've just used him as an example - he got a ticket more than easy enough it just people having to wait to get tickets together. In the end why have a loyalty scheme if they're not going to act on it? The answer being fairly obvious if they have indeed scrapped it.

Maybe it was weighted wrong, but as per my original post, Everton have more to gain offering incentive for people to attend Goodison Park than they do the Emirates or Reebok. Also, you might point out the people who would happily travel up to Newcastle or down to Swansea yet there were some who couldn't even be bothered dragging their arses to Goodison cos it was only Tamworth and we were playing **** anyway.

You're dead right about the away auto-cup scheme, which is probably why the club jibbed that off.

What I was saying was that he got no more priority than people who had been to seven fewer games than him, but that's by-the-by. The point was the club had a loyalty scheme which would have seen him have a quite high priority, but in the end he wasn't that high at all. I've just used him as an example - he got a ticket more than easy enough it just people having to wait to get tickets together. In the end why have a loyalty scheme if they're not going to act on it? The answer being fairly obvious if they have indeed scrapped it.

Maybe it was weighted wrong, but as per my original post, Everton have more to gain offering incentive for people to attend Goodison Park than they do the Emirates or Reebok. Also, you might point out the people who would happily travel up to Newcastle or down to Swansea yet there were some who couldn't even be bothered dragging their arses to Goodison cos it was only Tamworth and we were playing **** anyway.

You're dead right about the away auto-cup scheme, which is probably why the club jibbed that off.

I agree with this, we should be doing everything we can to encourage people to Goodison, the aways look after themselves, Everton ALWAYS take a fantastic away crowd whatever happens.

Tamworth is a great example, ok, you are not going to sell out at home to a conference side, but, in games like this, we could definitely get a higher crowd. The cup games did well because of the lower price, but we could definitely offer better incentives.

Take the Man City game last season, a midweek, so traditionally a lower than normal gate, but 32k against a team that was top of he league at the time. They could of offered something like, buy this ticket and get 20% off in the club shop or get £10 off your next match ticket. Little things like this would just help I think in getting people to games.

The old 'Dad & Lad' scheme's were excellent but what I will say is the £95 kids season ticket is truly excellent, I give the club stick, but they deserve credit on that one. There are loads of RS kids who still have never been to Anfield or have only been to the odd game because out-of-towners fill the ground in their place, Everton have done well I feel capitalising on this.

If you're a young lad who's mates go to every Everton match but you can't get a ticket for Anfield, you are going to want to watch footy with your mates instead rather than being stuck alone, and similarly.

Anyway, i defo agree there could be more done to shift tickets here and there, Goodison should be averaging at least 36k in my opinion

I agree with this, we should be doing everything we can to encourage people to Goodison, the aways look after themselves, Everton ALWAYS take a fantastic away crowd whatever happens.

Tamworth is a great example, ok, you are not going to sell out at home to a conference side, but, in games like this, we could definitely get a higher crowd. The cup games did well because of the lower price, but we could definitely offer better incentives.

Take the Man City game last season, a midweek, so traditionally a lower than normal gate, but 32k against a team that was top of he league at the time. They could of offered something like, buy this ticket and get 20% off in the club shop or get £10 off your next match ticket. Little things like this would just help I think in getting people to games.

The old 'Dad & Lad' scheme's were excellent but what I will say is the £95 kids season ticket is truly excellent, I give the club stick, but they deserve credit on that one. There are loads of RS kids who still have never been to Anfield or have only been to the odd game because out-of-towners fill the ground in their place, Everton have done well I feel capitalising on this.

If you're a young lad who's mates go to every Everton match but you can't get a ticket for Anfield, you are going to want to watch footy with your mates instead rather than being stuck alone, and similarly.

Anyway, i defo agree there could be more done to shift tickets here and there, Goodison should be averaging at least 36k in my opinion

It's the posts mate.

So for the utd game, it says on the OS that people with previous purchase history will be able to buy tickets from tomorrow. Does this mean anyone who has bought a ticket before, or will it be something like 'Customers with 5 + home games last season, then with 2+' etc etc

I think quite righty, ST holders who amassed a number of aways, should get first choice on everything and then work its way down from that. People who buy Evertonia or whatever it's called should have priority on home games, and if still available, then on aways.

Looks like they have just gone back to basics, whoever has built up the most games, gets priority.

They gave you 200 for your Season Ticket though, which is why non s.t. holders seemed to get a lot for the homes in comparison to your aways, when you take into account that you start the season with 200 for the homes it is in theory impossible to pass you.
They rolled over from season to season as well, but as has been said they did feck all with them, they gave huge points for home cup games but then the points became pointless as come the semi the system was completely ignored. EVERY Season Ticket Holder was guaranteed a ticket though so they just had to come up with a system of priority.
I have a feeling that the points system may have had some bearing on my daughter being Toffee Lady at the Derby, as she would've had every home cup and a few aways as well, which would've put her right up the top of those that were eligible, think she might be too old now so good job I made the most of it.

So for the utd game, it says on the OS that people with previous purchase history will be able to buy tickets from tomorrow. Does this mean anyone who has bought a ticket before, or will it be something like 'Customers with 5 + home games last season, then with 2+' etc etc

That means that anyone who has bought a ticket before, using their personal customer number can buy a ticket tomorrow.

For away games, they never ever list or use the loyalty points attained as any sort of criteria for getting away match tickets.

It has always been the number of away games you have attended previously that has been the only criteria used for prioritising ticket sales.

Personally, I've always felt this is wrong. Attending Wigan away should not carry the same value as attending, say, Brentford away in a midweek cup game. If you consider the majority of Everton fans are based in the north west/north, to attend Brentford away in midweek carries far greater commitment and effort on a fans' part, such as time off work, getting home in the middle of the night after the match, etc.

The logic behind it was freezing your bollocks off in an empty 3rd round FA cup home match is more loyal than going to well attended good craic aways.

The flaw was not resetting the points at the end of each season.

The logic behind it was freezing your bollocks off in an empty 3rd round FA cup home match is more loyal than going to well attended good craic aways.

The flaw was not resetting the points at the end of each season.

I've never understood or agreed with that theory. With the greatest respect, anyone can go to Goodison - especially when they cut the prices to £15 or £20 for adults. It's a bigger commitment to pay £55 for a Chelsea away ticket + £25 for the coach to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.