Homepage Update: Everton lead scramble for Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about plenty of good young players, our academy is average at best, yet people go on like it’s Barcelona level.

I agree with your other point, a couple of top drawer is essential.

I think that's unfair. I don't hold much sway by us winning the youth league the season before last, but we had a number of players in the England under 21 squad that won the World Cup. You may choose to discount that as well, but it does kinda suggest that at least the five players in that squad aren't bad.

If we think of the youngsters who stand a decent chance of making the first team next year, you're probably looking at Pickford, Holgate, Davies, Lookman, DCL. Then you'll have guys like Kenny, Baningme, Vlasic and possibly Dowell et al challenging for spots as well. That's a good amount of young talent imo, and I'm not sure we're suffering for a lack of young players that aren't proven at the top level.

I've no idea about this lad, but his stats are no better than Dowell's, so I do wonder if another youngster is what we really need, especially for the price being quoted.
Sigh....ya don't win trophies with youngsters.....

I think that's unfair. I don't hold much sway by us winning the youth league the season before last, but we had a number of players in the England under 21 squad that won the World Cup. You may choose to discount that as well, but it does kinda suggest that at least the five players in that squad aren't bad.
Get real Bruce they are English...look at the shoite going to the W/C ....:cool::cool:

If we think of the youngsters who stand a decent chance of making the first team next year, you're probably looking at Pickford, Holgate, Davies, Lookman, DCL. Then you'll have guys like Kenny, Baningme, Vlasic and possibly Dowell et al challenging for spots as well. That's a good amount of young talent imo, and I'm not sure we're suffering for a lack of young players that aren't proven at the top level.

I've no idea about this lad, but his stats are no better than Dowell's, so I do wonder if another youngster is what we really need, especially for the price being quoted.
A bit pricey for a young player who has had ligament damage too!

Surely we can spunk a couple of mill on me? I'll never even make training. Gotta be worth a punt though with the right coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.