Everton Ladies games at Goodison Park

Would you like that Everton ladies play all their home games at Goodison Park?

• Yes

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Only some games

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWSWEETTOFFEE

Player Valuation: £1m
I think that Everton Ladies should play all their home games at Goodison Park. They are our other senior team and they should play on our stadium for senior teams, Goodison Park. How much money can organisation of those games cost the club? I don't think that's too much.

I think that Everton Ladies should play all their home games at Goodison Park. They are our other senior team and they should play on our stadium for senior teams, Goodison Park. How much money can organisation of those games cost the club? I don't think that's too much.
So long as the groundsman thinks the pitch can take it then I'm ok with it. Would also take into consideration the locals as having a growing sport on your doorstep will eventually lead to more hassle and/or commerce. Once Bramley Moore is built it really shouldn't be a debate.

I voted yes. I think a lot depends on whether the grass could take the extra games without deterioration to the playing surface.

It would be great to do some double headers with the man's team, playing the ladies Derby before the mens.

Great for the ladies team to play at "home" and if it works and big crowds are drawn then good for the club

A double header does not mean playing just before or just after the men's game. They have to work out what length of interval to allow before or after to clear the ground, repair the pitch etc. The same would apply if it was played after the men's game. I reckon about 3 hours before or after, otherwise there are real logistical problems, car parking etc. I haven't even mentioned the TV cameras setting up and packing up before and after the men's game.

No point in them playing at a tenth full Goodison, it just dilutes the atmosphere. They would get more audible support playing where they have been tbh. You saw with the cup winning U23's the atmosphere was a bit drab to say the least.

If they consistently sell out where they play now then you can look to larger 20k grounds, if that sells out then think about Goodison but by then we will have moved to a 50k+.

A double header does not mean playing just before or just after the men's game. They have to work out what length of interval to allow before or after to clear the ground, repair the pitch etc. The same would apply if it was played after the men's game. I reckon about 3 hours before or after, otherwise there are real logistical problems, car parking etc. I haven't even mentioned the TV cameras setting up and packing up before and after the men's game.
Well, my opinion is that club should try and have as much ladies games as it is possible, whether that would end up as a double-header or not. Of course, logistics may prove that sometimes double-headers aren't possible.

They are going to be moving to Walton Hall Park with that new stand aren't they which is Liverpool FA. I imagine if the attendances grow and warrant it they can expand that up as they need to.

They are going to be moving to Walton Hall Park with that new stand aren't they which is Liverpool FA. I imagine if the attendances grow and warrant it they can expand that up as they need to.
So, after all, Everton is moving to the Walton Hall Park, in some way. :)

Only some.

The ladies game is at an all time high at the moment due to the world cup and it may well increase attendances particuarly in the short term.

But there isnt going to be any advantage for the ladies team to be playing games in an empty Goodison Park.

The odd game would be better for now and let them build crowds at the smaller venues they play at first.

Could be worth staging a select few home games at Goodison to gauge interest - Use the club’s pull in the community to fill it up a bit more - Maybe run competitions among local schools to win free tickets, etc. It could be a really useful tool to get young girls playing the game and laying the foundations for the next generation of players. It could also help expose young lads to the ladies’ game and in so doing increase attendances over time.

Could be worth staging a select few home games at Goodison to gauge interest - Use the club’s pull in the community to fill it up a bit more - Maybe run competitions among local schools to win free tickets, etc. It could be a really useful tool to get young girls playing the game and laying the foundations for the next generation of players. It could also help expose young lads to the ladies’ game and in so doing increase attendances over time.
I heard someone on the media say something similar last week amid the frenzy of BBC TV sports. I ask, why on earth would young lads wish to be exposed to the ladies's game? It sounds bizarre. The implication is that there is a lack of exposure of boys' to boys' football, and the ladies' game could fill that gap. The whole point of the push for more ladies' football is to attract more girls to play or watch; certainly not to attract boys whose needs have been amply fulfilled for the past 120 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.