Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No from me for Lamptey... nice player but too short for a defensive role. We use the height of our defense well and would lose more than we gain by him coming in...

A: Players fees
Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+
Nominal fees for a few of the others

Circa £100mil + huge amount of wages

B: I dont play FIFA...never touched it. Used to play FM and CM back in the day though...not sure what the relevance is here as they are games.

C: I wrote "£100mil and huge wages for players, before dipping into Moshiris pocket"

We actually signed Allan, Godfrey, Nkounkou, James and Doucoure for £60+mil per Brands...so with £100mil we wont go far wrong.
Zat nobody is paying SIGGY 100K A WEEK
Nobody is paying Tosun 65k a week and so on
Even on free transfers clubs will not pay their wages ,so we either
Let them run out their contracts and leave on a free
Extend their contracts
Some will leave on a free ,some will get extended contracts

I suspect Sugurdsson will be given an extension and Davies won’t be sold.

Bernard will not go for £10m because of his wages. The most likely option with him is some form of exchange, probably for Olsen.

£40m for Kean is hopelessly optimistic, he’s simply not worth that.

I‘m not convinced Gomes will be sold this summer either, but if he does, I think we would look to recoup more than £10m

Tosun may move, but he’s been content to sit things out so far.

Kenny is likely to move and £7m feels about right.

Our sales are more likely to be between £40 - £55m (assuming none of our big names move on).
All good points but who will pay money for Gbamin with his record of injuries?
More likely a free transfer.

Quite a detailed analysis well done Zat. The top 4 are gone anyway this year, no doubt at the end of the season. Cannot see us selling them as there has been zero interest in them.

AS for the others, Davies and Gomes will be here until 2023 and 2024, do not think we will have any interest from other clubs ATM.

As for the rest Bernard, Lossi, Tosun and Kenny may hopefull;y depart this window, Siggy won't be going anywhere, Colemand will be offered a coaching job! The rest are U23s so not sure how we can offload them, no rumours of interest from any clubs.

Add to your list I am not sure who, but those on loan, the only ones I know are Kean and Branthwaite.

Cheers ;)

Agree on Coleman, looks set to be a coach imo

Some murmours of Davies to Newcastle for £12mil + I think Sigurdsson and Gomes would go for £10mil a piece ish if we contributed in part to their wages...

The u23s would probably command tiny fees, but add them all up and its wages and £1mil+ which covers 4 Nkounkous :)

We’re not selling all of Sig, Davies and Gomes. Certainly not in one window for sure, it’s easy to just put a figure next to a name but it really isn’t a sellers market right now (it feels).

It was more about selling players while theyre under contract (where we can) rather than letting them go on frees...

By 2022 so many of them are out of contract that it makes sense to get them out now or in summer for a fee.

I think its definitely a sellers market if we price the players 'fairly'...

In the last number of weeks because of injuries Davies, Gomes and Sigurdsson have all been heavily involved in our team.
Without them there have been times we would not have been able to put out a midfield in some games. We now know that Doucoere is suspended for a game and as the season progresses that will be a factor for all teams.

We simply cannot afford to buy three more central midfielders as well as a right back, a wide player and another striker...... it just won't happen.

Doucoere and Allan are first choice and the others fill in as required.
We will over other transfer windows sign new players but it probably is a two or three year process.

Ive always said 2022 summer is the time we will be going big. Thats because of the players i listed there are huge wages and bodies out the door.

However, not sure why you mention Davies, Sigurdsson and Gomes without conceding that they would be replaced...£30-36mil there which buys 2 new players.

If we can move them on + Kenny and others for fees then we could be looking at £50-60mil which brings in 3 players -- not to mention if Kean leaves then it all goes into the pot.

Of course, Moshiri would be happy to drop in some cash as well so we'd be looking north of £100mil for 6 players.

I suspect Sugurdsson will be given an extension and Davies won’t be sold.

Bernard will not go for £10m because of his wages. The most likely option with him is some form of exchange, probably for Olsen.

£40m for Kean is hopelessly optimistic, he’s simply not worth that.

I‘m not convinced Gomes will be sold this summer either, but if he does, I think we would look to recoup more than £10m

Tosun may move, but he’s been content to sit things out so far.

Kenny is likely to move and £7m feels about right.

Our sales are more likely to be between £40 - £55m (assuming none of our big names move on).

Yes, youre probably right about Sigurdsson and Davies. If they are kept on beyond this season though it smacks to me of pure stupidity when we could sell both.

Bernard rumoured to be £12mil and Olsen £5mil so cash coming our way.

I dont think Gomes would go for more than £10mil, he's at best a 1 in 6 player.

Tosun we need to offer him out for a low fee and subsidise his wages.

Kenny should try and move now...he needs to launch his career.

No idea why you dont think Kean is worth £40mil...thats already on the low side. Someone should be sacked if the fee is lower than that.

Both PSG and Juventus would pay that and more.

Zat nobody is paying SIGGY 100K A WEEK
Nobody is paying Tosun 65k a week and so on
Even on free transfers clubs will not pay their wages ,so we either
Let them run out their contracts and leave on a free
Extend their contracts
Some will leave on a free ,some will get extended contracts

You realise we just subsidised Walcotts wages dont you? We can also do that when players are sold for fees.

Youre whinging repetitvely about how players cant be sold....then making excuses why they cant be sold...youre telling me no one in the entire world would pay a fee for Sigurdsson?

We had a Transfer fee on the table from the middle east for him but decided to keep him! Tosun is only around for the money, subsidise the wages and hes off...

Imagine how youre trying to put my opinions down by mocking them while wanting sub par players contracts extended

Its madness.

If their contracts run out in 2021 /2022 then if you extend their contracts were stuck with poor players.

If you let them go on frees at contract then you have no incoming fees.

You have to replace these players...not extend them or let them all run down their deals.

Lamptey is a lovely player but I want to see him in a back 4, think he wouldn't be as great

Like I suggested im not sure why we don't even enquire for Odriozola on a loan with option from Real

Fast, great with both feet and clearly available, im sure he would be great for us especially with the Euros in the summer
There are deals there to be done. Odrizola could be an excellent stop gap who could even turn into an astute long-term option

Status
Not open for further replies.