Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is wolves want like 80mil and he’s nowhere near that price, his actual goals & assists Stats are nothing special. I think he’s a bit of a headless chicken that’s has 6 or 7 really good games a season
I agree, i think he is one those who has a few good runs in a game but often goes missing, if we are looking in the domestic market id rather get Sarr and work with him to improve than Traore, i can see why Neto and Podence are picked ahead of him, both are younger and show more imo.

Donnarumma is a no - Milan are flying and playing consistent enough to claim a Champions League spot and if they don't, Juventus will swoop in.

Seeing the Spurs links are just lazy. 3 out of form players so who can we link them to who can pay decent wages and known to chuck money at pap, oh Everton.

Would have a look at Szczesny if Juve signed Donnarumma. Improved a hell of a lot since his Arsenal days.

I agree, i think he is one those who has a few good runs in a game but often goes missing, if we are looking in the domestic market id rather get Sarr and work with him to improve than Traore, i can see why Neto and Podence are picked ahead of him, both are younger and show more imo.
I think last season he had 2 of his best games v city. So he’s in the spotlight more. Bit like bolasie having good game v us and Liverpool and Everyone thinking he performs like that every week.

Yes I like Sarr, think he will go on to be a great player

Provided we make any moves in January - If we could find a right forward, that can also play upfront (as similar to Richarlison as we can get), then that would be the priority for me.

I am hoping Gbamin can come back in successfully to strengthen that holding midfielder position.

Otherwise, I think we are OK tbh.

Mad take. Lloris has been one of the best and most consistent keepers over the past ten years. You don't rack up 120 French caps for no reason.

Swerve Winks, injured half the time and another sideways pass merchant.

I disagree, loris is a class above Pickford has been a very good, consistent keeper. In and around the top 3 keepers every season.

He’s made countless top saves over the years to win them points, even v city. Ok it was 2-0 at the time and only 7/8 mins to go, but he made an excellent save. Goes 2-1 who knows.

Pickford hardly makes saves for us. Last season he was statistically the 2nd worst keeper behind kepa, this year so far he’s the worst.

It was the same with Howard, a bang average keeper who stayed for 10yrs. And a lot fans, were like yes he’s a good keeper, not for me he wasn’t, hardly made great saves and let us down in big games IE cup final 09, semi 2012

We won’t ever compete unless we go and get a top top keeper. Proof is in the pudding. De gea single handily got an average Utd top 4 for a few season. Liverpool with Alison, city to a lesser extent with Ederson. Just go through history.

Southall’s injury in 86 definitely cost us the league imo. Yes Lineker missed them chances against Oxford. But southall was the best in the world at the time. And was a huge miss

Loris since he came to spurs has been a fantastic buy for them and a very good keeper for the most part of his time at them.

For me though about three seasons ago mistakes started creeping into his game and he started conceding stupid goals. For the last two seasons I think he's been fairly poor. Dont forget that in the league two seasons ago they just fell to bits about halfway through the season and the final 12 games of the season they won 2, drew 2, lost 8. Obviously last season was a train wreck.

kane got injured that season which was a blow but when the goals dried up for them I think it just highlighted how poor loris was playing at the time. When you're not scoring you need to keep it tight at the back and he was just making mistake after mistake.

Mourinho seems to have lit a fire in him again this season and he looks like he's back to some good form but for the last few season I think hes been pretty poor.

Loris since he came to spurs has been a fantastic buy for them and a very good keeper for the most part of his time at them.

For me though about three seasons ago mistakes started creeping into his game and he started conceding stupid goals. For the last two seasons I think he's been fairly poor. Dont forget that in the league two seasons ago they just fell to bits about halfway through the season and the final 12 games of the season they won 2, drew 2, lost 8. Obviously last season was a train wreck.

kane got injured that season which was a blow but when the goals dried up for them I think it just highlighted how poor loris was playing at the time. When you're not scoring you need to keep it tight at the back and he was just making mistake after mistake.

Mourinho seems to have lit a fire in him again this season and he looks like he's back to some good form but for the last few season I think hes been pretty poor.
That well maybe true and obviously you’ve seen him a lot more than me, he’s nearly 34 so possibly his best years are behind him.

But last season, however bad he was, he was still better than Pickford, which shows how much we need a new keeper

We need a versatile full back that can play in both full back positions...crucial in the way we play...
Definitely. Wide forward as well to cover Richarlison. If Gbamin stays fit we might be ok in midfield but I’d still like someone in that advanced role.

I think you can link Loris’ decline with the deterioration of the Spurs centre half partnership. When Vertonghen and Alderweireld were both at their peak, the cover ha had was immense, as that partnership started to fail, so did Loris’ confidence, and the mistakes began to creep in.

Nonsense.
No its actually not. He has a 1 in 2 shots on target to goal ratio and he's also made the most mistakes leading to goals in the last two seasons.

It isn't even up for debate, he IS the worst keeper in the league. The lad literally throws one in the back of his net every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.