Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Walsh and Sam Allardyce gets you Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott.

Marcel Brands has left us criminally short again and he has to address this our we could end up with yet another season of complete nothingness.

Oh for heaven's sake if the right quality of players that we need are not available would you like him and Carlo to sign any rubbish just to fill places and be stuck with them for 3 years or more?

Oh for heaven's sake if the right quality of players that we need are not available would you like him and Carlo to sign any rubbish just to fill places and be stuck with them for 3 years or more?
You really don’t pay attention to my posts.

I don’t want us signing the Walcotts of this world.

Have you just ignored my entire post. We’ve been left criminally short yes or no?

If no please explain and did you see Sunday?

If yes, well that’s my point it needs addressing, I didn’t suggest signing Josh King etc.

When you're in our position the quality of player we need is always available, the key is identifying them. If we can't find players who can improve this squad then we're not looking hard enough.

I'm not sure he would. It's fine saying theoretically he's worth a lot of money, but somebody actually has to be willing to pay it. The amount of teams who would pay in excess of £25m for a goalkeeper is small, the number of those teams who would be interested in Jordan Pickford is very small. If we sell him I would expect it to be for less than we paid.
This is certainly true.

When you're in our position the quality of player we need is always available, the key is identifying them. If we can't find players who can improve this squad then we're not looking hard enough.

No, there is fee to consider plus cost of contract. For example if Messi was available what would those figures be?

You really don’t pay attention to my posts.

I don’t want us signing the Walcotts of this world.

Have you just ignored my entire post. We’ve been left criminally short yes or no?

If no please explain and did you see Sunday?

If yes, well that’s my point it needs addressing, I didn’t suggest signing Josh King etc.

Then who can we sign to meet your wishes which will move the club forward and we can afford?

I have to concur, BFS would buy Walcott and Tosun as a desperate measure in January but Brands would not. Thats it really. We should not be buying anyone in January unless they offer a significant (as in league placings) difference to either the first team or back ups we have on hand now.

No, there is fee to consider plus cost of contract. For example if Messi was available what would those figures be?
Yeah my point was pretty much that you don’t need to be messi to improve this squad. 2 injuries to attacking players and we ended up picking a team full of central midfielders in the hope we might nick a goal from a set piece. Against Newcastle. There are so many players available who would improve our attacking options that our biggest problem would probably narrowing them down in time.

No idea mate, dont even know if the Argie league is still on? And its quite difficult to track players.

Maybe somebody else knows.
The league proper still has not resumed. They are running some Michael Mouse Cup at the moment - started last weekend.

River not going great but they offlaoded a lot of players in the last year.

Have not watched them. Will ask some of the crew who do support them to get an update on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.