Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love us to take a few more cheap punts, a few cheap young players from the lower leagues or abroad with a point to prove. Think as a club we are extremely blinkered with regards to prem players or big clubs cast offs. We tend to overspend on players by shopping in such markets.

Lewis is a quality player though. I was never impressed by Aarons.

We havent signed from the championship (im not including teams who just went down) in ages. Who do we actually think we are. Its delusions of grandeur.

I was gutted we didn't get bowen from hull. Right winger when we needed a right winger who can play on the left as well, quick, aggressive and can score goals.

It was a easy win for the club but Everton don't like easy wins do they. We'd much rather get over priced crap like iwobi.

I know he doesn't believe in Janiary business, but in this case it's a must.

We have so much deadweight and are so dependent on a handful of players.

Everyone likes to talk about Richy being invaluable....they all are. Digne, DCL, Richy, James, Allan...hell, even Coleman. 1 of these guys go down and ao does the team because the rest of the squad is so poor.

We need to break the bank if we are serious about this season

Hindsight - he scored 4 goals last season.

And as I kept pointing out, it was an off season for him when you look at his numbers.

It's got nothing to do with hindsight. I was banging the drum for him all window. He's an excellent player and exactly what our forward line could have done with.

Now we need to be targetting someone younger, I guess, but we need that type of player.

And as I kept pointing out, it was an off season for him when you look at his numbers.

It's got nothing to do with hindsight. I was banging the drum for him all window.

But it might have been another off season is the point so hindsight looking now. He might have had another 4 goal season for us, turning 29 next year, massive fee, massive wages.

Bring me the one they call Brands. On a spike.

He'll never be rated as he isnt called Wilfriedo Zahio playing well in Portugal or Ukraine.

We would still be in the top 4 places had we signed him and Palace were basically hawking him around.

Its the sort of gamble the tops clubs take whereas we are happy finishing 10th every season.

He'll never be rated as he isnt called Wilfriedo Zahio playing well in Portugal or Ukraine.

We would still be in the top 4 places had we signed him and Palace were basically hawking him around.

Its the sort of gamble the tops clubs take whereas we are happy finishing 10th every season.

Yeh because Wilfried Zaha is a very English name isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.