Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
24383-AF7-5-EDF-4-FB4-85-EB-44768-F98-FDCC.jpg
Won’t be to Watford as was rumoured, they’ve signed, believe it or not, Dan Gosling

If as expected Kenny, Tosun, Bernard and Lossl leave we are down to 22 senior players incl 3 goalies. Bare bones really with Delph and Gbamin injury record.

An Everton Transfer

To be honest, there won't be many deals anywhere done this January, will be lucky if all Premier League clubs survive this pandemic economics intact.

Sorry stare of affairs but financial stability will be key over the next few seasons.

Financial stability will be helped by a higher finish up the table.

We simply cannot go with the squad we have for the rest of the season and expect to qualify for Europe, which is what the target is.

If as expected Kenny, Tosun, Bernard and Lossl leave we are down to 22 senior players incl 3 goalies. Bare bones really with Delph and Gbamin injury record.

Could be that Ancelotti is banking on the versatility of the squad and assuming we wont get several injuries in the same position,

i.e.
LB Godfrey, Digne, Nkounkou
RB Holgate Coleman Godfrey
LW Richarlison, Iwobi, Digne, Gordon, Nkounkou
RW RIcharlison, Iwobi, James, Gordon
CF RIcharlison, DCL,+(Sigurdsson, Gordon)

It would be a bold strategy...

Happy to punt all these players but we can't not bring some in otherwise we are a few major injuries from a disaster. We couldn't even fill the bench and we had 2 keepers on there on Saturday.

Could be that Ancelotti is banking on the versatility of the squad and assuming we wont get several injuries in the same position,

i.e.
LB Godfrey, Digne, Nkounkou
RB Holgate Coleman Godfrey
LW Richarlison, Iwobi, Digne, Gordon, Nkounkou
RW RIcharlison, Iwobi, James, Gordon
CF RIcharlison, DCL,+(Sigurdsson, Gordon)

It would be a bold strategy...

He doesn't trust our only back up for the forward positions such this is an issue

I know you're not saying it's smart, btw

Happy to punt all these players but we can't not bring some in otherwise we are a few major injuries from a disaster. We couldn't even fill the bench and we had 2 keepers on there on Saturday.

At this point it doesn't matter. It'll be one, perhaps two random loan signings, if that. Clearly, the plan isn't to capitalise on our start to the season and we're writing it off. If they had any ambition for the season we'd have moved early Jan for targets to give us fresh legs/something different.

If the club isn't arsed, I don't see why I should be. We're going to finish around 8th-10th and the club are fine with that - so be it.

This!
we are short an attacker with Bernard and Tosun going, regardless of whether they are good enough or not they are currently our only options off the bench. Letting them go and not bringing in someone is a massive risk. Its puts so much pressure on Dom, Richie and James to stay fit and stay consistent and we’ve seen already this season they’ve struggled with both those things. If our first 11 are all fit and confident we’re more than a match for anyone but beyond that we are dangerously short. This season is a massive opportunity... we’ve just seen relegation fodder do the double over us yet we’re still in the mix for Europe. If we don’t take this chance we’ll be back to square one in the summer when (hopefully) football and the world is back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.