Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll never be rated as he isnt called Wilfriedo Zahio playing well in Portugal or Ukraine.

We would still be in the top 4 places had we signed him and Palace were basically hawking him around.

Its the sort of gamble the tops clubs take whereas we are happy finishing 10th every season.
Zaha is plenty rated, doesn't change the fact Palace want silly money for him.

Zaha is plenty rated, doesn't change the fact Palace want silly money for him.

But what is silly money these days? Arsenal paid £72 million for Pepe who is half the player Zaha is therefore is £50-60 million silly money or actually value for money?

Brands didnt pay £25 million for Gabriel but ended up paying £25 million for a 2nd/3rd choice in Godfrey.

What annoys me with Everton since Moshiri came in was we do everything half arsed - if they just want to abide by FFP and stay comfortably midtable until BMD is built then why not just appoint Alladyce on £6 million a year instead of getting fans excited paying double for Ancelotti at £11.5 million per year?

Why bring in Allan and James Rodriguez who being 29 need to be playing in a team doing things now rather than one being built slowly over time?

For me if you bring in Carlo, James and Allan you look at that squad that finished last season and you go for it - bring in a Zaha, bring in a top drawer defensive midfielder, an attacking fullback to compliment Digne like that Castagne who Leicester signed for £24 million.

Go for it instead of getting the fans all excited to inevitably do business that has a glass ceiling of 8th-12th which is what we could have gotten under Fat Sam spending a quarter of that and keeping the club financially healthy.

Its like WHU fans - had the owners just been honest with them they would have rathered staying at Upton Park than move ground on the promise of large investment competing for the top 6.

Owners have to be honest with the fanbase - you either go for it or you dont... just dont get fans excited, Bring in Carlo as manager and James Rodriguez as a signing but then stop and go sign 2 steady eddie players in Doucoure & Godfrey who wont really push us forward and leave us short in areas like up top, out wide, at fullback so injuries kill our season.

But it might have been another off season is the point so hindsight looking now. He might have had another 4 goal season for us, turning 29 next year, massive fee, massive wages.

Yeah... I agree with that, it's a gamble.

But so is James, earning £180k a week, so is Allan etc. We're having to take 'gambles'.

Zaha could have got us Europe - in terms of what he'd have added to the squad.

You factor that off by thinking well, if we don't get Europe, we sell Richarlison (which is probably gonna happen anyway).

The obvious answer is to go for someone younger who can hopefully offer the same but I have little faith that we're going to do that quickly and again our recruitment is just lacking in key areas at key times.

£50m would have got him this year.

It was a 'gamble' worth taking imo.

The fanbase has been drip fed Kenwrights "go with what we've got" mentality for two decades.

Things will never change at the club we are the most boring one in existence - atleast others are crap enough for an exciting relegation scrap we are on the beach come January every year.

Yeah... I agree with that, it's a gamble.

But so is James, earning £180k a week, so is Allan etc. We're having to take 'gambles'.

Zaha could have got us Europe - in terms of what he'd have added to the squad.

You factor that off by thinking well, if we don't get Europe, we sell Richarlison (which is probably gonna happen anyway).

The obvious answer is to go for someone younger who can hopefully offer the same but I have little faith that we're going to do that quickly and again our recruitment is just lacking in key areas at key times.

James was a free, Allan was £20m. They're not £50m signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.