Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coady is not the answer. Since when did Wolves play expansive football with him.

You really need to get better at these wind ups. Some of the poorest attempts at trolling I've ever seen lol

Well if you genuinely believe im on a wind up aren't you the stupid one for constantly biting?

I know a wind up when I see one - I never respond to @BrianSwan because he's a clear wind up account whereas others give him what he wants time after time - its called feeding the troll.

End of the say you need to wake up - Benitez is here to stay and we need defenders who can defend first and foremost.

Coady / Duffy etc are not going to play tippy tappy football but they wins the first header, they don't get bullied by a CF who hasn't scored a goal all season so straight away they are an upgrade on what we have.

As believe me now if your wet dream happens and Benitez does leave the club I feel sorry for Graham Potter or Thomas Frank or Eddie Howe or whoever gets this job and tries to play open football with Keane, Coleman & Digne at the back as they can not do their basic roles of their job.

Well if you genuinely believe im on a wind up aren't you the stupid one for constantly biting?

I know a wind up when I see one - I never respond to @BrianSwan because he's a clear wind up account whereas others give him what he wants time after time - its called feeding the troll.

End of the say you need to wake up - Benitez is here to stay and we need defenders who can defend first and foremost.

Coady / Duffy etc are not going to play tippy tappy football but they wins the first header, they don't get bullied by a CF who hasn't scored a goal all season so straight away they are an upgrade on what we have.

As believe me now if your wet dream happens and Benitez does leave the club I feel sorry for Graham Potter or Thomas Frank or Eddie Howe or whoever gets this job and tries to play open football with Keane, Coleman & Digne at the back as they can not do their basic roles of their job.

I don't want open expansive football right now. That's for after the squad has been overhauled. I want pragmatic, defence-first football so we can keep clean sheets, and proper defending at set plays. I was fully supportive of Ancelotti's defensive pragmatism. In fact I regularly criticised him for bowing to fan pressure to open up in certain games. These players need as simple a game plan as possible.

The only one of those 3 managers I've mentioned is Frank. I'm pretty sure it was you supported appointing Potter?

Benitez is not here to stay. No one can seriously think this will work long term. I don't believe anyone actually does believe that no matter what they say. All the evidence is that such a divisive appointment will never work because there is no evidence of it working anywhere previously. We need a long-term squad builder to come in and overhaul the squad. Not someone who thinks it's acceptable to waste a limited budget on an unfit 32 year Rondon who can barely run.

I will never support something that cannot work. The sooner this failed experiment is ended the better, and the less damage will be done. Saturday was the final straw, no one will support this garbage any longer.

I don't want open expansive football right now. That's for after the squad has been overhauled. I want pragmatic, defence-first football so we can keep clean sheets, and proper defending at set plays. I was fully supportive of Ancelotti's defensive pragmatism. In fact I regularly criticised him for bowing to fan pressure to open up in certain games. These players need as simple a game plan as possible.

The only one of those 3 managers I've mentioned is Frank. I'm pretty sure it was you supported appointing Potter?

Benitez is not here to stay. No one can seriously think this will work long term. I don't believe anyone actually does believe that no matter what they say. All the evidence is that such a divisive appointment will never work because there is no evidence of it working anywhere previously. We need a long-term squad builder to come in and overhaul the squad. Not someone who thinks it's acceptable to waste a limited budget on an unfit 32 year Rondon who can barely run.

I will never support something that cannot work. The sooner this failed experiment is ended the better, and the less damage will be done. Saturday was the final straw, no one will support this garbage any longer.

Mate the problems at this club run far deeper than the manager. You're one of the fans who believe just a getting a decent manager in solves our problems and it doesn't.

We're a poorly ran club and whomever the manager is we aint going to succeed its as simple as that.

If Ancelotti can't do it, Thomas Frank cant do it.

Until this club drastically changes from the medical department, the academy, the chairman and most importantly the recruitment it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Im not a Benitez Lover I just dont care who the manager is quite frankly because it doesn't matter we've gone through more managers than bog roll yet the penny never drops for some.

I want us to spend wisely next Summer and strengthen pretty much everywhere. As the new DoF of recent PL winning Everton I will present some of my bargains for consideration (of those I've actually watched not just stat monsters). Those in bold I would love to see at Everton because they can all run which is sorely lacking:

CB: Amos Pieper / Nico Schlotterbeck / Evan N'Dicka / Moussa Niakhate / Attila Szalai / Jeremiah St. Juste / Marvin Friedrich

LB: David Raum / Owen Wijndal / Borna Sosa

RB: Rasmus Kristensen / Alexander Bah / Aaron Hickey / Marcus Pedersen / Reggie Cannon

CM: Mohamed Camara / Mady Camara / Ellyes Skhiri / Uros Racic / Nemanja Maksimovic / Xaver Schlager / Pape Gueye / Sander Berge / Mahdi Camara / Abdou Harroui / Jerdy Shouten / Gustavo Hamer / Djibril Sow / Diadie Samassekou / Glen Kamara / Yunus Musah / Mattias Svanberg / Joey Veerman

CAM: Adil Aouchiche / Angelo Fulgini / Daichi Kamada

LM: Jonathan Burkardt / Luis Henrique / Robin Hack / Amine Gouiri / Ovie Ejaria / Ruben Vargas

RM: Romain Faivre / Ludovic Blas

ST: Darwin Nunez / Ivan Toney / Arthur Cabral / Gianluca Scamacca / Randal Kolo Muani / Terem Moffi / Ben Brereton

Mate the problems at this club run far deeper than the manager. You're one of the fans who believe just a getting a decent manager in solves our problems and it doesn't.

We're a poorly ran club and whomever the manager is we aint going to succeed its as simple as that.

Until this club drastically changes from the medical department, the academy, the chairman and most importantly the recruitment it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Im not a Benitez Lover I just dont care who the manager is quite frankly because it doesn't matter we've gone through more managers than bog roll yet the penny never drops for some.
Nope I definitely don't. But I don't think we can even start to improve until we have a good manager. Those are two completely different things.

And to suggest you don't care who the manager is makes no sense. You have spent the last few weeks challenging any small criticism of Benitez. You said he deserves no blame for shipping 5 at home to Watford.

The penny hasn't dropped with our fans that no manager has ever suceeded in these circumstances. People are living in total delusion that a manager so divisive and unpopular can be a long term success. They simply don't understand football or Everton.

But the main issue is that Moshiri was stupid enough to appoint him in the first place. Just showed he has no interest in success, the club's traditions, or the supporters. It's a slap on both sides of the face.

I think this is bang on the money.

I can take or leave Benitez, ultimately the club has been a shambles from top to bottom for so long, you could bring in peak Alex Ferguson and it would be the same story.

We need to address the wider club issues before looking at the managers position; otherwise we just go round again and again.

Will get pelters because he's a kopite (so was Baines and Reid) but would look at someone like Coady to replace Keane.

We need a leader at the back alongside Mina and someone who can actually do the basics of defending.

Holgate is finished here if he cant get a game over a COVID affected Godfrey and Keane has had too many chances to be a starting 11 player.

Coady? He’s about 28, Wolves captain so would cost a fortune and be on mega wages, and is massively average, in other words the exact type of player we’ve been signing for the entirety of Moshiri’s time at the club which has got us to this position. We can’t waste any more money on players over the age of 27 that we won’t get back, we need to start making investments that we can get a return on. “Muh sell on value” has become a meme on here but it’s actually essential for a club in our position to base our transfer business on this.

Nope I definitely don't. But I don't think we can even start to improve until we have a good manager. Those are two completely different things.

And to suggest you don't care who the manager is makes no sense. You have spent the last few weeks challenging any small criticism of Benitez. You said he deserves no blame for shipping 5 at home to Watford.

The penny hasn't dropped with our fans that no manager has ever suceeded in these circumstances. People are living in total delusion that a manager so divisive and unpopular can be a long term success. They simply don't understand football or Everton.

But the main issue is that Moshiri was stupid enough to appoint him in the first place. Just showed he has no interest in success, the club's traditions, or the supporters. It's a slap on both sides of the face.
But two of our recent managers are now managing the two biggest club sides in the world whilst a third coaches the no 1 ranked fifa team. Just getting a good manager in isn’t going to cut it as it hasn’t in the past - i assume moshiri thinks the same way - rinse and repeat way to failure.

The footballing (and commercial) side of things needs to be completely overhauled. I can’t believe in such a footballing hotbed as merseyside we can’t produce players - its a really competitive environment in the NW with city,utd and the RS but we’ve got a USP in that there’s a pathway to our first team.

i’d like to hear how we’re embracing technology, that when we’re researching players we’re analysing how they perform when the chips are down in games of consequence, that we’re brave enough to dip into the championship and obtain athletic players with desire not those that have already failed at “elite” clubs and are just looking for a pension pot. That we’re looking to instigate a way of playing that permeates through the academy into the first team.

Failure is endemic in the club and almost guaranteed with how we’re set up - I’m hoping Saturday’s abject surrender kickstarts a proper review of how we operate

Coady? He’s about 28, Wolves captain so would cost a fortune and be on mega wages, and is massively average, in other words the exact type of player we’ve been signing for the entirety of Moshiri’s time at the club which has got us to this position. We can’t waste any more money on players over the age of 27 that we won’t get back, we need to start making investments that we can get a return on. “Muh sell on value” has become a meme on here but it’s actually essential for a club in our position to base our transfer business on this.

Im not saying the actual Coady although at 28 as a CB he's got another 5 years left in him.

But regardless we need a player like him- he's a leader, he gets into battles with the opposition that's what we need at the back.

We sign too many players with poor mentalities - Keane, Kean, Siggurdsson, Iwobi, Gomes, Benard not one em with any fight or aggression in their play.

Look at the difference in mentality that Townsend has brought in which makes up for his somewhat limited ability as he isn't a top player but he gives his all which makes up for that.

The mentality of the squad / recruitment is by far our biggest problem followed by the medical team.

The manager is way down on my list of priorities.

True. Difference btwn Europe and mediocrity though. Here's hoping in the summer transfers. May have to sell Richarlison to move forward.
With the club accomodating Richys requests to go to the Olympics I think it's a pretty-much done deal behind closed doors that so long as he gives us a good season this year, he can have his move next summer. Would be amazed if that didn't happen.

Will get pelters because he's a kopite (so was Baines and Reid) but would look at someone like Coady to replace Keane.

We need a leader at the back alongside Mina and someone who can actually do the basics of defending.

Holgate is finished here if he cant get a game over a COVID affected Godfrey and Keane has had too many chances to be a starting 11 player.

Look at the contracts expiring next summer:

Ginter + Sule + Romagnoli

We should be trying for these players in Jan

Levels above Coady

Would any of them be interested in coming to Everton though, or even leaving their leagues? Surely teams with European football to offer will be in for them ahead of us.

Yes 100% its not going to be easy to attract those players.

If you dont ask, you dont get though.

I think with the restrictions on our ability to pay transfer fees it may be worthwhile instead to continue with the 'out of contract' types and try and attract them with £££.

I posted a couple of pages ago the link and a few names which could come in for us at CB, RB, CM, CF.

Id hope we could attract some of those.

Given the last two performances, to stop us dropping like a stone in the table

Gbamin's replacement, Rondons replacement, Colemans replacement and Diaz for when Richie leaves

DOM wont leave in the next 18 months
Diaz, who today has been linked with Chelsea and Bayern and Real, isn't going to reject UCL clubs to come to a mid-table outfit in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.