Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’ve suddenly got money to spend on Alli, and suddenly we’re linked with a number 9 we shouldn’t really need on loan…..is there a missing piece of the puzzle?

Wait what happened to FFP. Thought people said there was no money. What a joke. When it looks like the club in trouble they have money to spend sacking Benitez and buying players.

But when the owner doesn't want to spend in summer it's sound.

No point working out the point when we'll finally be free from the expensive dross accumulated under Koeman, because we seem intent on replenishing the stock wherever possible

If we were going to sign Dele Alli, I would want it to be under someone like Lampard, it’s worth a crack. He loves a goal at Goodison at least, although he won’t handle the Park End’s boo’s one bit imo

Wait what happened to FFP. Thought people said there was no money. What a joke. When it looks like the club in trouble they have money to spend sacking Benitez and buying players.

But when the owner doesn't want to spend in summer it's sound.

FFP was an excuse. Issue is they've left it till the deadline after leaving it weeks too late to sack Benitez and then the delayed farce of the managerial appointment.

Jeez if we have money it has to be a DM surely? Ali and VDB seems too much but who knows maybe Lampard is counting on Onyango/Gbamin big risk hard for him to judge when he hasn't even taken a training session yet...A midfield of Allan/DVB/Alli is quite slow and unbalanced, if attacking.

Wait is Dele actually being touted at around 15mil? I am the only one who doesn’t think that’s bad?? I think I might by the looks of it haha

I agree, if you can get him back to even half the form he was hes worth £15m

BUT

he requires people who can play the ball into him and I don't see anyone in our squad who can do that

i spent the night watching Donny's time at Ajax and he played deeper and won the ball back all the time. Maybe the plan was always to play him in a deeper No6 role rather than a No10 assuming we can get a 10

dont know what you watched but VDB is wasted as a nr 6. In the season Ajax did well in the Champions League vd Beek had Frenkie de Jong behind him as defensive midfielder and Lasse Schone who was a deep lying playmaker. VDB played similar to Cahill/Fellaini getting in the biox and scoring goals, work hard defensively but not the playmaker like James

I thought VDB looked good when playing as the 6 for Ajax...of course he was built up as playing in an advanced role but i dont see why he couldnt play as a 6 in the premier league.

That role is all about positioning as we saw with Gareth Barry.

If VDB comes in as the 6 and then we have a Doucoure/Allan as a box to box player then it 'could' make sense.

Id be ok with that until the summer when we revamp those 2 positions.

As for Alli, there would need to be alot of interplay between him and the wide players because in this case we only have a deep VDB who has any ability on the ball.

No idea what the fee would be for Alli, perhaps £15mil?

If it clicks under Lampard then weve got a £50mil+ England international.

Status
Not open for further replies.