Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm open to VDB but the midfield stills feels incredibly shambolic no definitive dm , most of our box to box mids cant pass on a competent level and other than doucs the mobility is dreadful

Dele at this stage is a loan only player. It would be madness to sign him to a new long term contract on top of a transfer fee. He was given another chance early on this season in a midfield role and he absolutely bombed it. He’s an in between player and we don’t have a team to carry a player like that. VDB is a bit of a risk for the same reason, though at least he’s shown he can play the 8 role. We need three proper midfielders so we can finally, finally have some control on games.

Jovic and a DM would be ideal. Then we don’t have to see Rondon ever again. And as others have said, we currently have exactly zero players comfortable sitting in front of the defense. I don’t count Gbamin anymore.

I'd take Ali fir a minimal fee if he reduced his wages
I never really get this kind of logic.

Cheap crap is still crap. I’d rather we took that same 5m and spent it on a red hot prospect from League One or the French second division or somewhere equally obscure. Not only is Alli super crap but the pressure on him to perform would be enormous.

Fast forward a couple of months and everyone is back here complaining about him, regardless of how much he cost.

Dele at this stage is a loan only player. It would be madness to sign him to a new long term contract on top of a transfer fee. He was given another chance early on this season in a midfield role and he absolutely bombed it. He’s an in between player and we don’t have a team to carry a player like that. VDB is a bit of a risk for the same reason, though at least he’s shown he can play the 8 role. We need three proper midfielders so we can finally, finally have some control on games.

Jovic and a DM would be ideal. Then we don’t have to see Rondon ever again. And as others have said, we currently have exactly zero players comfortable sitting in front of the defense. I don’t count Gbamin anymore.
I'm sure we can't loan more than 2 players from this league

Yup and signing a very good striker doesn't alter a thing about midfield, same as not signing a striker doesn't help it either.

A player of thst quality you get in if you can especially when both our forwards have been brittle this season.
Well I mean it does though because that's wages and a loan slot that could go elsewhere isn't it? The deal wouldn't be free.

It's the El Ghazi argument all over again. We just have other priorities

Well I mean it does though because that's wages and a loan slot that could go elsewhere isn't it? The deal wouldn't be free.

It's the El Ghazi argument all over again. We just have other priorities
Well, it's different, innit? He's not from the PL so he doesn't necessarily have a "loan slot" like El Ghazi absolutely ruined for us here.

i spent the night watching Donny's time at Ajax and he played deeper and won the ball back all the time. Maybe the plan was always to play him in a deeper No6 role rather than a No10 assuming we can get a 10
dont know what you watched but VDB is wasted as a nr 6. In the season Ajax did well in the Champions League vd Beek had Frenkie de Jong behind him as defensive midfielder and Lasse Schone who was a deep lying playmaker. VDB played similar to Cahill/Fellaini getting in the biox and scoring goals, work hard defensively but not the playmaker like James

Status
Not open for further replies.