Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall that around the time we sold Jelavic to Hull, Moyes was supposed to be looking at Curtis Davies, maybe thats what you're thinking of?
Yes, it was, sorry. Moyes scouted another Scottish left back who went to hull
My memory is shocking

Edit, I might have been mistaken, can’t find anything to back the moyes-hull thing up

What the hell are you talking about?

Robertson was absolutely miles ahead of any fullback in the league at a time when Celtic had Izaguirre and Lustig, who were performing in the Champions League for a team who got to the last 16, and that was Robertson first season as a professional footballer.

Looking at your previous posts on Scottish football you seem to think Jozo Simunovic was the next Van Dijk as well even though he’s just signed for a team after 18 months with a club…

Put it this way, if Patterson was such a big talent why would Rangers a) sell him so cheaply and b) not give him as much gametime as possible to develop quicker?

You say this as if people can’t watch highlights or go and look at comments from fans talking about how bad he’s been at times for Scotland…

Again, I rate him and think he’s a talent. But the idea he’s good enough to be a first choice RB in the EPL or that he’s better than Robertson or Tierney at the same age is quite frankly nonsensical bullshit.

I don’t think £14m is cheap for an SPL sale myself. It’s higher than VVD went for.

We will have a massive issue this summer when quite a few first team players leave. I know that they don’t offer much, but they will have to be replaced in some capacity.

Our budget is likely to be small again as we are declaring more big losses this year. We simply Tony have the money to go out and buy a load of players. There will have to be a mix of promoting from the academy, free signings and purchases.

I don’t know enough about Longstaff to comment on his situation, but I do know he has been highly rated by pundits and his best period seems to have been playing under Benitez.
I thought the issue was the debt created by weekly salaries and not signing fees?

With ammortorisation (spelling?) we would be able to spend. Losing He who not to be named, Tosun and a few other fringe players our salaries are reduced giving room for new players?

Yes, it was, sorry. Moyes scouted another Scottish left back who went to hull
My memory is shocking

Edit, I might have been mistaken, can’t find anything to back the moyes-hull thing up
John Souttar was scouted heavily in 2012ish and then Martinez liked him as well... But he's a centre half.

Come full circle as the club wanted his younger brother before he got injured last month.

Would be good to get Patterson in as we need a RB. I guess we are going to need a LB with Benitez in charge so the Ukrainian lad makes sense.

Coutinho seems daft after we let Rodriguez go - probably at a significant loss.

If Longstaff can't get a game for Newcastle at 24 that has to tell you something - we should stop buying filler, we have enough.

What's grinding my gears at the moment is if we loan Digne with no obligation to buy - we've got to get away from being a soft touch and devaluing our good players.

I thought the issue was the debt created by weekly salaries and not signing fees?

With ammortorisation (spelling?) we would be able to spend. Losing He who not to be named, Tosun and a few other fringe players our salaries are reduced giving room for new players?
They cut around 40M costs in the summer, even after counting incomings, and with Sigurdsson, Delph, Kenny and Tosun leaving this coming summer it won't be too far off that again... Mina and Gomes would be an extra 20M or more. Before you talk of transfer fees... But all of this is just getting us closer to breaking even, spending the money we are saving just leads to bigger losses again

Would be good to get Patterson in as we need a RB. I guess we are going to need a LB with Benitez in charge so the Ukrainian lad makes sense.

Coutinho seems daft after we let Rodriguez go - probably at a significant loss.

If Longstaff can't get a game for Newcastle at 24 that has to tell you something - we should stop buying filler, we have enough.

What's grinding my gears at the moment is if we loan Digne with no obligation to buy - we've got to get away from being a soft touch and devaluing our good players.
He’s played 13 times for the geordies this season

I know exactly what the point was and my point is having played for and represented a club is far more serious a matter than any childhood interest a player may have had.

To try and claim the likes of McManaman and Carragher as one of our own is ridiculous.

You don’t see many ex Everton employees at Liverpool.

Let alone an actual manager.
They were Evertonians, and the latter at least to some extent has an affinity to the club regardless of how he portrays himself in the media. But back on track...

To the point of employees, maybe they don't but again that shouldn't be an issue in itself. Hickson played for us, went to Liverpool and came back as a legend.

Why? The character of the man. I have issues with Benitez being our manager and while him being an ex-RS manager won't help, it's not the primary reason.

A consequence of him being a manager for them means the fan base has less tolerance for him, yet his poor leadership is what's really causing the issues.

If Benitez came here and actually succeeded, perhaps winning a trophy, I doubt his tenure at that shower would be anywhere near as significant.

Coleman was MILES better than Patterson going forward and even in defence a few years back.

This lad is getting the 'Robertson and Tierney' treatment...he's nowhere near that.

rangers will be pissing themselves at getting decent cash for their sub.
Coleman never in his career has been miles better than another player going forward. He got by on speed and determination. Technically he was bang average, most of his crosses missed their target, his passing in the final 3rd was average to. He basically wouid get in down the right, and smash into the box as hard as he couid, never had composure in the final 3rd. Baines was on another level to him.

He’s basically was Tony hibbert who got a few goals

Status
Not open for further replies.