Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's great but Turkish clubs don't pay for players and wont want to pay their wages either!

If its a choice of:

A: Donkeys staying at the club

B: Donkeys going to Turkey on loan where they pay a % of the salary

C: Donkeys being sold to Turkish clubs and we give them a pay off to leave.

Which do you choose?

Whenever we were linked with a player and the question was asked "why would they choose us" inevitably someone would answer "because we can pay higher wages"

This is the result.

Whenever we were linked with a player and the question was asked "why would they choose us" inevitably someone would answer "because we can pay higher wages"

This is the result.
The misconception is that we paid competitively. We have never approached what the "big 6" hand out in wages but tried to buy like we did.

The misconception is that we paid competitively. We have never approached what the "big 6" hand out in wages but tried to buy like we did.
While I'm not disagreeing, I think the wider issue is that we offered wages above and beyond what the player's ability, potential or longevity was was truly worth.

We're not able to attract the top bracket of players so we were never in contention for them, but we've blown other clubs out the water with what we've paid.

Unfortunately, this system doesn't work if the players you get aren't up to scratch - e.g. Tosun on circa £100k per week. It boils down to value for money.

There appears to a myth spreading that championship players aren’t cheap

You can still find decent players for a relatively risk free price

Palace signed this fella for only 8 mil last summer and he was the young player of the season in the championship

Palace signed this fella for only 8 mil last summer and he was the young player of the season in the championship

Release clauss in his contract.

Unfortunately said donkey refuses to move and wants to sit on his arse and collect his wedge.
Performances clauses in contracts might help going forward, but difficult when you build a good squad with quality in depth. All very well Mosh and USM having money to burn but Fair Play rules, played badly, have clogged up the system with players who do well whether or not they turn up or aren't needed.

Carvalho will be a top player and he's going to the Reds this summer, his tribunal will be much more than the 5 million they will have paid in January. If I was Frank Lampard I would be all over trying to make the lad change his mind. At the very least I want him to threaten Klopp with an Essex boys style execution if he doesn't agree to stay away from the lad.

Carvalho will be a top player and he's going to the Reds this summer, his tribunal will be much more than the 5 million they will have paid in January. If I was Frank Lampard I would be all over trying to make the lad change his mind. At the very least I want him to threaten Klopp with an Essex boys style execution if he doesn't agree to stay away from the lad.
Christ I'm sleep deprived... Bring back negative reps I would lash a pile my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.