Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was class at Lyon. I said at the time i wanted us to sign him.

Cant fathom what has gone wrong for him at Spurs. Id have him as defensive midfield, I think if it clicked he'd be levels above our other options there.

Id be really happy if we had Gray/Gordon plus a new high potential right winger like Johnson (Forest) or Antony (Ajax).

Diaz is tearing it up in Portugal but for the money (if we could spend it) id prefer a £50mil+ superstar centre midfielder.

Indeed. What i was alluding to was that Mykolenko was scouted before and Patterson must have been on our radar before the summer window opened -- i dont think Benitez plucked them from his software lol

Digne also sold when we were planning to bin Benitez and El Ghazi signed when (supposedly) he didnt want him.

So i would think were working either on the dodgy agents' recommendations (if so, fair play on the full backs) or at least someone is making those moves.

West Ham + Arsenal linked at £60mil and i think theres some truth in the Arsenal shouts...they would have a good side with a centre forward in there.

Very tricky to replace him...id possibly say Amine Gouiri who has amazing technique and skill.
Ndombele cannot play defensive mid in the Prem mate!

I don't think there was a plan to bin Benitez. Moshiri is that thick.

sounds like we will be stuck with moise kean after his 2 year loan with juventus expires, can't see them exercising the option to sign him on a permanent basis if juventus are spending 75 mil on another striker

when kean returns he will have 1 year left on his contract and his value will have dipped signficantly

great business again
Wasn’t it an obligation? If they got in the champions league or something. And are juve going to play 60 games per season with one striker

Ndombele seems set for PSG but I'd definitely take him on loan we are in dire need of a Midfielder. I hope we can get a manager in before the transfer deadline. But that's probably implausible
Maybe that'd then free up Idrissa Gueye to come back here on loan? Not been linked I don't think, but would deffo take him given the current options

Maybe that'd then free up Idrissa Gueye to come back here on loan? Not been linked I don't think, but would deffo take him given the current options
Problem is he’s been away nearly 3 years. Can he still cope in the prem, he’s also not naturally defensive. And for all his good parts to his game, we will just have another midfielder who isn’t great on the ball and at creating chances

I'd be thrilled with that possibility but I think Gana still plays regularly so it's probably unlikely unfortunately. But someone in his mold would be beneficial for sure

sounds like we will be stuck with moise kean after his 2 year loan with juventus expires, can't see them exercising the option to sign him on a permanent basis if juventus are spending 75 mil on another striker

when kean returns he will have 1 year left on his contract and his value will have dipped signficantly

great business again
With the loan fees, we will have made back the money we spent on him anyway, so not the worst business, but clearly not the best either.

Problem is he’s been away nearly 3 years. Can he still cope in the prem, he’s also not naturally defensive. And for all his good parts to his game, we will just have another midfielder who isn’t great on the ball and at creating chances
Yep all good points, looks to still have a good engine on him from what I've seen recently so I'd probably still have him in for that alone

I'd be thrilled with that possibility but I think Gana still plays regularly so it's probably unlikely unfortunately. But someone in his mold would be beneficial for sure
I just saw he wasn't in the squad over the past month or so, and assumed they were perhaps looking at other options - pure speculation anyway

Edit - ignore me, he's at the AFCON ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.