Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we close this thread? We just blown our January transfer budget on sacking brands and Rafael less than 6 months into their new deals
Don't think too many have given consideration to the fact that sacking Benitez has probably just cost us a centre midfielder (unless we find some more players to sell that is).

Unsure if any are available. Martens contract is up in the summer.

I’d accept Martinez if he managed to get Lukaku on loan. That’s the only way though ?

More likely to bring Origi with him, knowing us.

On a semi-serious note that De Ketelare bloke might just be the next big thing, on board if Martinez brings him along.

with regard to any new signings, we should only sign up and coming younger players for the foreseeable future. any top level established player who wants to come here, you've got to wonder about their motivation. Surely there must be more attractive options than us, unless there are problems with the player.

More likely to bring Origi with him, knowing us.

On a semi-serious note that De Ketelare bloke might just be the next big thing, on board if Martinez brings him along.
Martinez give him his debut. Martinez is very good at talking to young players and filling them with stories and Ideas. It would not be unrealistic this transfer if Everton could afford it. It would be worth hiring Martinez for this alone. Leicester want him but I feel a Martinez phone call could sway it.

This is the guy we need to take over, theres no chance he would come at the moment, however if we can steady the ship and come the summer, sell the project put him on a yacht with usmanov. Promise him the world ... maybe just maybe

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christophe-galtier/profil/trainer/5035
Has a pretty unbelievable record for developing the three clubs in France that he's managed and would be worth a punt.

My only reservation is that he's spent the vast majority of his footballing career in one country and the Premier League could end up being a major culture shock to him. I also don't think he'd be interested in actually leaving France - he had a number of clubs on his blower after he won the title with Lille but ended up going to Nice of all places.

Has a pretty unbelievable record for developing the three clubs in France that he's managed and would be worth a punt.

My only reservation is that he's spent the vast majority of his footballing career in one country and the Premier League could end up being a major culture shock to him. I also don't think he'd be interested in actually leaving France.
Hmmm, the Côte d'Azur or Walton. Choices, choices...

Did you think this way before he bagged at the weekend?
of course, i always rated his technical ability when he was at liverpool and when he was on loan at bayern and helped them win the champions league you could still tell he had that technical ability

the only issue was his injury proneness and his large wages which is why i wouldn't look to sign him long term as he would probably demand high wages which we can't afford to really do now due to FFP but for 6 months with barca probably subsidising some of his wages it was a no brainer

I really hope we can bring in another midfielder. If Gana is available on loan, 6 months would be amazing to have him back for. Can allow us to play 4-3-3 or however the next manager wants to play and we'd actually have 3 serviceable players in midfield.

Surely we need to spend whatever cash we have on a leader at CB, someone who can win every header defending corners and get the back line working as a unit again.

And I'm all for Gana on loan for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.