Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked with Iddrisu Baba this morning, an interesting player, would certainly signal the end for Gbamin imo and possibly a better option than Allan.
Shame that he has a release clause of 45 millions euros and contract until 2024...real and atletico are also watching him...unfortunately I am not sure we can afford him unless mallorca gets relegated

Seems like our long awaited Idrissa Gana Gueye replacement

He would have to be some player to be anywhere near a Gueye replacement mate. To be honest I've never heard of the lad, 25 year old, only team of note he's played for is Mallorca, joined them in 2018 and has made 105 apps for them in all comps, scored one goal and has 2 assists. Reading up on him he's played mainly as a defensive midfielder.

There isn't a player outside of Doucoure, Digne, Gordon and DCL I'd be against selling for the cash to reinvest. Literally, I'd sell the bulk of the first team over the next two or three windows and start again.

Digne would be the one I would cash in on - good going forward but can't be having a defender who cant defend.

Con Newcastle or a CL club into giving £35-40 million for him and reinvest in a LB, CB & RB.

Would get Holgate out to a Norwich/Watford type club as well.

Winks is toilet, and it's a sideways move at best. Just like his passing.
This is the type of shout, along with Maitland Niles, that worries me about doing business in January. More short termism, panic signings that patently aren’t good enough for a club aiming for Europe. Winks is chronic. If, please God, we’re getting rid of our own crap at some point, under no circumstances should we replace with more from somewhere else.

The cycle needs to end. We’ll have the usual, folk saying “give him a chance, support him, I always thought he was a decent player etc…” No, I’m sick of it, demand we up our standards and show we have more of a plan than this or we’re just lumbered with more averageness for the next manager who comes along and has to get a tune out of this Frankenstein’s monster of a squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.