Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
….there’s a reason he’s not starting, James Tavernier is an institution at Rangers. I’ve been in the players lounge after an Old Firm game and the respect for him is clear, he’s the main man on the pitch.

I have no idea if Patterson is the answer (although he has looked impressive when he’s started for Rangers and Scotland) but £10m is small beer these days.

I’m not overly concerned who the target is as long as they are exactky who we need.
and when Tavernier was out for the last OF game, who was Slippy's second choice RB?

He isn't even starting for Rangers so not sure he's ready to be starting in the Premier League. Also if we pay a fortune for him that will be the budget gone.

He's behind the captain who has been there a long time. Tavernier hits penalties and set pieces as well, and scored a wonder goal to win them the match last Saturday.

Patterson is not a bad player at all and we might well be in an even greater need of a right back in January than we are now. I hope Seamus can stay injury free throughout the season but it's a big ask.

I was pretty sure he was in isolation because that game was only a day or 2 before the window shut. He wasn't in the squad at all for the old firm. Rangers had the third or fourth choice keeper in nets as well because of the outbreak
Yup, have just found an article.

I just remembered the comedy commentator saying Slippy was "Opting for Experience" by not playing him

He isn't even starting for Rangers so not sure he's ready to be starting in the Premier League. Also if we pay a fortune for him that will be the budget gone.
Rangers had their chance to get shut of that lad to REverton. They failed to take it.

He's one of those defenders who cant defend. We can do way better than him.

I doubt there'll be signings in January. And when we reach next summer there'll be a sale of a couple of Everton players that raises cash + whatver the club can hand Benitez under these tighter financial restrictions and we'll be looking to secure a better quality of player than Patterson.

….there’s a reason he’s not starting, James Tavernier is an institution at Rangers. I’ve been in the players lounge after an Old Firm game and the respect for him is clear, he’s the main man on the pitch.

I have no idea if Patterson is the answer (although he has looked impressive when he’s started for Rangers and Scotland) but £10m is small beer these days.

I’m not overly concerned who the target is as long as they are exactky who we need.
Were they sashing it up?

The problem with this window will be getting players out to allow us to bring players in. Kenny, Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun will all be I their last 6 months so anyone wanting them will probably wait until they are free agents. James will be a similar situation. We need to bring in someone who can play LB even if its just on a 6 month contract with the incentive of earning another. If we can sell Keane or Holgate bring in a left footed CB but again that will probably need to wait until summer. If Kenny leaves obviously bring in a RB but this has to be someone we see as first choice. Anyone else leaves they will need replaced like for like. The problem is there are not many players in our squad that anyone would want apart from the players that we don't want to leave. To progress we may have to ultimately sacrifice a star player.
Keane will not be sold in the next 3 windows at least

Status
Not open for further replies.