Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this window will be getting players out to allow us to bring players in. Kenny, Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun will all be I their last 6 months so anyone wanting them will probably wait until they are free agents. James will be a similar situation. We need to bring in someone who can play LB even if its just on a 6 month contract with the incentive of earning another. If we can sell Keane or Holgate bring in a left footed CB but again that will probably need to wait until summer. If Kenny leaves obviously bring in a RB but this has to be someone we see as first choice. Anyone else leaves they will need replaced like for like. The problem is there are not many players in our squad that anyone would want apart from the players that we don't want to leave. To progress we may have to ultimately sacrifice a star player.

Kenny, Delph, the one can’t be named, James, Tosun and Lonergan. 6 first team players. All these will be released next summer. Guess how much wages this club are going to save?

Begović gets a year extension as back-up.

If all contracts are allowed to expire, the sum value is 42 million a year in wages and amortisation.

I'm actually willing to wait until the summer as you definitely don't get value in this window. The only position that needs addressing urgently is LB. Surely there must be an out of contract LB who we could get in on a 9 month contract. If he could also cover CB it might allow us to try the 3 at the back again. They are out of contract so won't be demanding a fortune as no one else is in for them. The window I would use to try and get any of the out of contract players out even if it's nominal fees.

I'm actually willing to wait until the summer as you definitely don't get value in this window. The only position that needs addressing urgently is LB. Surely there must be an out of contract LB who we could get in on a 9 month contract. If he could also cover CB it might allow us to try the 3 at the back again. They are out of contract so won't be demanding a fortune as no one else is in for them. The window I would use to try and get any of the out of contract players out even if it's nominal fees.
What's up with digne?

I would suggest the position that needs attention is RB.
I think we will bring in the lad from Rangers.

I would suggest the position that needs attention is RB.
I think we will bring in the lad from Rangers.

We have 2 RBs all be it a passed his best and a not going to be good enough. I think RB can wait until summer as if we try and get anyone now they won't be good enough to oust Coleman or we will be absolutely fleeced. Not convinced on the Rangers lad I want someone 23-26 ready to go straight into the team I think he would need time.

We have 2 RBs all be it a passed his best and a not going to be good enough. I think RB can wait until summer as if we try and get anyone now they won't be good enough to oust Coleman or we will be absolutely fleeced. Not convinced on the Rangers lad I want someone 23-26 ready to go straight into the team I think he would need time.

….we just need someone very good. If that means a 19 year old in January, that’s fine.

He isn't even starting for Rangers so not sure he's ready to be starting in the Premier League. Also if we pay a fortune for him that will be the budget gone.

….there’s a reason he’s not starting, James Tavernier is an institution at Rangers. I’ve been in the players lounge after an Old Firm game and the respect for him is clear, he’s the main man on the pitch.

I have no idea if Patterson is the answer (although he has looked impressive when he’s started for Rangers and Scotland) but £10m is small beer these days.

I’m not overly concerned who the target is as long as they are exactky who we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.