Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

On footballoranje they're saying Brugge would sell Lang for 30m in Jan.
To think Lang and Richarlison would play interchange of LW and AM gets me heart pumping. If 9nly to swoop.
Lang is a perfect example of what I hoped Brands could bring and hasn’t. Brugge signed him 12 months ago with a commitment to make the deal permanent for £5million. Now he will cost £25-30 million.

The only good value deals made since his arrival have been driven by financial necessity and Benitez contacts (Gray and Townsend).

Lang is a perfect example of what I hoped Brands could bring and hasn’t. Brugge signed him 12 months ago with a commitment to make the deal permanent for £5million. Now he will cost £25-30 million.

The only good value deals made since his arrival have been driven by financial necessity and Benitez contacts (Gray and Townsend).

I mean we have a great left winger so it probably wasn't a position to look at. Lang left Ajax for first team football.

I mean we have a great left winger so it probably wasn't a position to look at. Lang left Ajax for first team football.
Fair enough, I wasn’t really meaning we should have specifically signed Lang. More that I hoped for more ‘emerging’ talent type signings maybe the need for immediate impact makes this a gamble the managers have been reluctant to allow funds for but Brands should be going for at least one of these type of signings each year.

Disagree, I think Langs the type of player we need going forward.
He can play 7,10 and would be comfortable interchanging with Richarlison, who can play 7,10,9.
Means with DCL, Townsend and Grey you can have many combinations without losing anything with one to come off the bench
I'd rather see a winger who can play 10 than another Sig or a CM come 10 like Gomes.
The advantage of Richarlison is that he can play 9 as well - Richarlison - Grey, Lang, Townsend for example
with something like DCL - Lang Richarlison Grey the default
In someone like Lang, with Richarlison and Grey we'd have three players who can receive it and play off the backs and mids
ie less hesitancy and more going for it.
Sure RB, CM and CB are needed to give em a better foundation, but need more players to take us forward, literally and figuratively.

Disagree, I think Langs the type of player we need going forward.
He can play 7,10 and would be comfortable interchanging with Richarlison, who can play 7,10,9.
Means with DCL, Townsend and Grey you can have many combinations without losing anything with one to come off the bench
I'd rather see a winger who can play 10 than another Sig or a CM come 10 like Gomes.
The advantage of Richarlison is that he can play 9 as well - Richarlison - Grey, Lang, Townsend for example
with something like DCL - Lang Richarlison Grey the default
In someone like Lang, with Richarlison and Grey we'd have three players who can receive it and play off the backs and mids
ie less hesitancy and more going for it.
Sure RB, CM and CB are needed to give em a better foundation, but need more players to take us forward, literally and figuratively.

Last year, when he first went to Brugges, would you have been looking to bring him here? Because there's a whole load of hindsight used in this thread.

Could've had Danjuma and Lang for that amount, sold Richarlison and had left over for RB

Last year, when he first went to Brugges, would you have been looking to bring him here? Because there's a whole load of hindsight used in this thread.
Def yes.
Disgruntled young Ajax players who think they are better than what they think they are given credit for, in contrast to players like Klassen and Van De Beek who get all the accolades, are ones worth looking at more closely (Klassen was considered better than Wijnaldum back in the day)

After that do you still think we do t need another one. Iwobi and Gordon are the difference between 4th and 7th today (even if we were only playing with 10 men with Roydon on)

Status
Not open for further replies.