Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He comes in for four days and the Academy decided he wasn't good enough, something that Brian King didn't agree with. He thought there was a real talent in there but they didn't agree. He was one that got away for Everton, but you get that in football. I think Haaland would have suited the English game, though."

In another world Haaland is currently lighting up the Championship with Luton after being released by Everton

Cant see us back in for maitland seems was a last option for cover. I think we will be looking at ramsay and patterson. Maybe arrons but pretty sure the club have moved on

There was no time frame on when (or even if) Benitez wanted Fernandes. I remember us being linked with him for at least 18 months before he went though.

"Bruno Fernandes was a player we were following at Newcastle United," Benitez revealed.

"He was at Sporting Lisbon and he had an issue with his club. There was a chance he could leave on a free.

We were progressing but the problem was that the matter would go to court and that would complicate it. The club didn’t want that.

"He comes in for four days and the Academy decided he wasn't good enough, something that Brian King didn't agree with. He thought there was a real talent in there but they didn't agree. He was one that got away for Everton, but you get that in football. I think Haaland would have suited the English game, though."
Who said that?

Status
Not open for further replies.