Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roll on the window opening. I have us only picking up 9 points by 2nd of January. I'll be happy to be wrong but looks likely and I'm not getting carried away with that win tonight at all. So we're potentially looking at 27 pts by gameweek 21 which would put us exactly level with the Koeman/ Allardyce season at the same point that year. Not great is it? Especially with other teams in and around us being better this season. Need quality additions ASAP to help us salvage something this season

If there is an insistence that we must sell to buy, then I think Digne is the player to sell. He hasn’t been up to it and Godfrey can play there. I think he’d have to move abroad, I don’t see anyone in England buying him.

The talk of selling Pickford or Richarlison in January is mental. Such sales would do nothing but weaken us.

If there is an insistence that we must sell to buy, then I think Digne is the player to sell. He hasn’t been up to it and Godfrey can play there. I think he’d have to move abroad, I don’t see anyone in England buying him.

The talk of selling Pickford or Richarlison in January is mental. Such sales would do nothing but weaken us.
If Digne goes we'll have to sign a fullback we can't go the rest of the season with Coleman being the only fullback at the club (I don't count JJK, he's not even a player at this point). Godfrey can fill in but against a properly organised side he'll be badly exposed in that position.

If Digne goes we'll have to sign a fullback we can't go the rest of the season with Coleman being the only fullback at the club (I don't count JJK, he's not even a player at this point). Godfrey can fill in but against a properly organised side he'll be badly exposed in that position.

I think we have to sign a RB whether Digne leaves or not. Godfrey won’t be any more exposed than Digne has been. Godfrey had his best performances at LB last season as well.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe we have to sell to buy, but if we are to sell anyone that will actually bring in a decent fee then I think it should be Digne. Selling any of our other players than could bring in a decent fee would be truly disastrous.

I think we have to sign a RB whether Digne leaves or not. Godfrey won’t be any more exposed than Digne has been. Godfrey had his best performances at LB last season as well.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe we have to sell to buy, but if we are to sell anyone that will actually bring in a decent fee then I think it should be Digne. Selling any of our other players than could bring in a decent fee would be truly disastrous.
If we're selling Digne, so be it, I think it's a mistake but we've sold better players and been ok. However, there is no way that we should sell him and not sign another left back, we can't keep leaving ourselves woefully short in key positions. I disagree with your analysis of Godfrey's competency in that position but even if he was good enough there who comes in if he's injured or suspended? Do you really want to see Holgate or Keane playing left back?

£30M for Pickford? £50M for an England centre forward? What moron suggests these figures?
Like we’re selling a young English forward who scored 20. Goals last season for 50mil, they paid 50 for white and partey and 72 for Pepe. They won’t get DCL for less than 80

Status
Not open for further replies.