Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies I'm sure this is covered elsewhere but....

If current rules say you are only allowed to lose £105 million over a 3 year period and we lost £139.9 million last year alone......

How are we going to have any money to spend in January?
From the Guardian:

"This summer represented Everton’s attempt to fall in line with the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules, that in pre-Covid times allowed for a £105m loss over a three-year period. Over the past three financial years Everton have posted combined losses of almost £265m (£139.9m in 2019-20, £111.8m in 2018-19 and £13.1m in 2017-18), although restrictions were relaxed last year for the pandemic and stadium expenditure can be capitalised on to the balance sheet now that planning permission has been granted. Everton officials are confident the club will comply with the rules - that now cover a four-year period - when this year’s set of accounts have been audited."

From the Guardian:

"This summer represented Everton’s attempt to fall in line with the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules, that in pre-Covid times allowed for a £105m loss over a three-year period. Over the past three financial years Everton have posted combined losses of almost £265m (£139.9m in 2019-20, £111.8m in 2018-19 and £13.1m in 2017-18), although restrictions were relaxed last year for the pandemic and stadium expenditure can be capitalised on to the balance sheet now that planning permission has been granted. Everton officials are confident the club will comply with the rules - that now cover a four-year period - when this year’s set of accounts have been audited."
Thanks Dave. We must be making a huge profit this year then to comply? Does Usmanovs sponsorship deal start this year I wonder ? (to be at the front of the queue to sponsor the stadium).

He needs to sell but what say if James is having a really good season, would he still get rid? Not a good way to run the club at all is it. No planning there whatsoever.

Thanks Dave. We must be making a huge profit this year then to comply? Does Usmanovs sponsorship deal start this year I wonder ? (to be at the front of the queue to sponsor the stadium).

I think the fact that the ground costs can now be capitalised will also help as that will effectively reduce the losses in the previous years when they had to shown on the P&L.

Status
Not open for further replies.