Everton in turmoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are our expectations?

We don’t have a particularly large fan base, we haven’t won anything in over 25 years, so maybe it’s time to finally accept what we are.

Liverpool pushing on as they have had further crushed us into complete insignificance in the eyes of most non Everton fans.

The more noise we make at the moment just makes outsiders wonder “why”.

There is no obvious attraction to come and play for Everton other than we will pay over the odds wages for average players and we can again guarantee PL football so they will at least be in the spotlight to get a move to a bigger club if they succeed.
Depressing that.

We don’t have a particularly large fan base, we haven’t won anything in over 25 years, so maybe it’s time to finally accept what we are.

Liverpool pushing on as they have had further crushed us into complete insignificance in the eyes of most non Everton fans.

There is no obvious attraction to come and play for Everton other than we will pay over the odds wages for average players and we can again guarantee PL football so they will at least be in the spotlight to get a move to a bigger club if they succeed.

Accept that? You seen our motto?

Do you even know what Everton is?

We’ve lost our way but I and no blue should accept this now.

Hate to say it but fans like you are the problem

This post has made more angry that Sigurdsson on Sunday, you can’t accept this, since we last won a cup Leicester yes Leicester have won two league cups and premier league.

I am not sitting here accepting mediocrity and I hope no fans of this great club will either.

So my acceptance of our current plight and status makes me part of the problem?
That is so mind boggingly ridiculous a statement that if I asked you to back it up you couldn’t lol

Sounds like we are turning into Newcastle.

This post has made more angry that Sigurdsson on Sunday, you can’t accept this, since we last won a cup Leicester yes Leicester have won two league cups and premier league.

I am not sitting here accepting mediocrity and I hope no fans of this great club will either.

what you going to do about it?

I’ll tell you what, absolutely nothing worth even bothering doing.

So my acceptance of our current plight and status makes me part of the problem?
That is so mind boggingly ridiculous a statement that if I asked you to back it up you couldn’t lol

I bet you thought those 7 lads who went down to finch farm were “embarrassing” didn’t you?

We have been in turmoil this season, hence why we sacked Silva and got Ancelotti.

If we win tomorrow we should be top half, with 22 league matches gone. That is fairly stable for me considering where we have come from.

The FA Cup was crushing admittedly but I would hope we have better chances next season in the cups after Ancelotti has had time and brought in players.

I welcome the turmoil. It shows the fans and apparently the club are not satisfied to simply jog along as a mid table Premiership team.

We have wasted money on players, we have wasted money on managers.

But, three facts remain.
We have been prepared to spend money on players and I think the appointment of our new manager is surely contingent on him being given assurances about transfer funds.

We have submitted planning permission for our new ground. Despite the absolute confidence of so many on here that it would never happen.

We have appointed Carl Ancelotti as manager.

We are where we are today.
Those three facts give me hope for the future.

Think in the UK we do have one of the largest fan bases. Maybe not like the RS or manure. They have a world following. Would you say city or Chelsea had a bigger fan base than us until they found success
Liverpool were more successful in the 70s but we survived even though we had some bad years.
Think the many RS and media love Liverpool but I think you might find that other clubs fans are really starting to hate them with a vengeance
Liverpool have pushed on prob will win the league for the first time in how many years we have to.look at that and try and learn lessons. We hav bought some rubbish players but the RS did that for years too before finding klopp.
We hopefully have a manager of that statue now.
He may be able to attract top players but it will be difficult as they want European footy.
We are well on our way to a brilliant new stadium. I got 3 lads and I made sure they supported Everton, they had no choice. I did my job.
We hav had some recent bad times we had them in the 70s then got s great team.in the 80s.
There are only a small number of teams that can be successful even less now as money talks.
I'm.optimistic. maybe. You need to go for s drink tonight talk to a girl. Might brighten your mood

I see the daily mail are running this as their main sports headline now

Are you reading that on line? Because in the hard copy of the Daily Fail I read this morning there was absolutely no mention of Everton at all. Quite a common occurrence with the Fail and Everton.

Kind of like Atletico Madrid when Simeone took over then.

Hadn’t won a derby in about 14 years
In the shadow of their more successful media darling neighbours
Attempted to spend big to catch up & paid over the odds for average players. Failed miserably.
Hadn’t competed for major honours since about 1996
Just went out the domestic cup in embarrassing circumstances
4 points above the relegation zone

Known in Spain as El Pupas (the jinxed ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.