Everton in pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd do a full list and photos of everyone who is here...instead of my wasting time on insta and twitter looking for Doucoure, Allan, Gordon, Niels, and then some of the 'interesting ones' like Besic, Kenny...are they still here?

I wish they'd do a full list and photos of everyone who is here...instead of my wasting time on insta and twitter looking for Doucoure, Allan, Gordon, Niels, and then some of the 'interesting ones' like Besic, Kenny...are they still here?

Besic wouldn't be there. Or at least shouldn't.

So exciting to see our brave, brave lionhearts returning to Finch Farm. Has there ever been a more likeable crop of players at Everton?. Yes, they all ooze talent and flair, but it is their steely, determined 'never say die' mentality that their legions of supporters find most endearing and which is the wellspring of their legendary status. In the pantheon of 'Everton club greats', this current squad sits at the very top table.

I am so anticipating the start of the new season, I can barely sleep...

NSNO

Is it a bit weird that we don't have a friendly for about 3 weeks?

Would expect us to add a game before we go to the states because most teams have far more than 3 organised.

Is it a bit weird that we don't have a friendly for about 3 weeks?

Would expect us to add a game before we go to the states because most teams have far more than 3 organised.

Do they?

A lot only have 2,3 or 4 organised and many are playing their first friendlies as part of tours or foreign camps. Many early friendlies will be largely U23/Reserve sides being looked at by the first team manager/coach. Apart from the Community Shield I don't think Citeh have even announced one officially.

A couple of weeks doing medical checks and conditioning work and playing the first friendly on tour is nothing unusual - especially when players are away on international duty.

There's probably a lot of fixtures sorted but holding back on announcing pending Covid legislation and rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.