Everton in crisis? - Daily Mail Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said all along mate: for this situation to get out of hand for the board one of two things has to happen 1) Everton finish bottom half of the table, 2) Moyes walks.

That said, these lads in the People's Group are a manifestation (along with E4C and another recently formed group who's name escapes me for the minute) that a slide down the table and continued broken promises wont be tolerated. They're straws in the wind - pointers of what's to come if this club's board dont pull their finger out and get a feasible plan of action together.

Absentee landlordism has had its day. The likes of Earl and who stands behind him are in for a very bumpy ride.

Maybe mate, i would be lieing if i didnt share some of that concern, praticularly if Moyes walked, know doubt we are operating full tilt - but for me i think it isnt so much a black and white decison, i beleive Davey has had as much say on where the money in terms of available liquidity has been spent - wages etc. The borrowings on the likes of the Yak - have been gambles that have backfired - yet we want the same again. Maybe at times the board have to much faith in the manager - just a thought.

But i thik your right personaly i think we are snookered with Davey.

Not really doom and gloom for them

Go down, cut costs, come back up, extra 40mill or whatever, TV money, and a new bigger stadium with naming rights to sell...

Slate is clean for them now

Ha ha just like that, could you imagine the armgehdon on here if that happened to us, could you inagine the carnage if we did what other clubs did this summer - sell the majority of our best players and bring cheaper ones to bring down costs, if you ant to play the comparrison game mate - we dont do so badly.

No they start on Championship budgets, then get a whoopping revenues, they get the revenue boost for being in the PL and staying there - if they get relegated hits fire sale stuff, im sure if you asked any of their chairman would they prefer to be in their position or Evertons - i think to a man they would all say us! I wonder why that is.

But that's not answering the question

Where's our pay off for success? Increase in wages and operating costs

Where's the reward for the hard work? Goes to keep the water running

Champo teams get the boost to try and compete, they get a reward for promotion.

We is our reward for cup runs and high finishes helping us to compete?

Last edited:
Ha ha just like that, could you imagine the armgehdon on here if that happened to us, could you inagine the carnage if we did what other clubs did this summer - sell the majority of our best players and bring cheaper ones to bring down costs, if you ant to play the comparrison game mate - we dont do so badly.

I'm not comparing relegation. For west ham and the financial predicament they are in, getting relegated and hopefully getting back up is far more benificial for them than staying another season in the Prem

and the point of that story is.......????? to point out we have no money? Reads like a wannabe student journalist who had to rewrite a press article for an assignment and chose the Brian Reade piece from the other day

what a load of junk

But that's not answering the question

Where's our pay off for success? Increase in wages and operating costs

Where's the reward for the hard work? Goes to keep the water running

Chamois teams get the boost to try and compete, they get a reward for promotion.

We is our reward for cup runs and high finishes helping us to compete?

Financialy mate, its in black and white, you dont get CL money for finishing 5th or getting to the semi final etc. You do raise a good point though as ive said on here a lot - a cost benift exercise nneds to be done on our playing staff - we need to be getting maximum value.

If your annoyed that Stoke are better then us, then a good place to start may be to compare wage bills and analyse are we getting maximum value or paying over the odd for contribution - secondly who makes those decisons at the football club?

I'm not comparing relegation. For west ham and the financial predicament they are in, getting relegated and hopefully getting back up is far more benificial for them than staying another season in the Prem

I really dont understand that mate - how is getting relegated far better for them then staying in PL - if that is the case why isnt everyone doing it?

Who sold players to keep the costs down?

Dont bother saying Villa, they may have sold 2 players, but I will tell you now they will spend the money they got for them, 100%.

I really dont understand that mate - how is getting relegated far better for them then staying in PL - if that is the case why isnt everyone doing it?
It's simple , they got relegated but have out spent us in the transfer Market , and have had a 7 mill bid for shayne Long rejected 2day too , we know full well it's not more beneficial but it's seems that way if we can't even bring in a player on loan

Financialy mate, its in black and white, you dont get CL money for finishing 5th or getting to the semi final etc. You do raise a good point though as ive said on here a lot - a cost benift exercise nneds to be done on our playing staff - we need to be getting maximum value.

If your annoyed that Stoke are better then us, then a good place to start may be to compare wage bills and analyse are we getting maximum value or paying over the odd for contribution - secondly who makes those decisons at the football club?

Not comparing to stoke or disagreeing that you don't get much money for finishing 5th...but you do open doors or at least should do on the back of it to increase turn over a lot more to cover costs and have something left over

So far anything success wise, the club just generate enough to get by rather than, you'd think, be able to easily cover those costs and have more spare.

Who sold players to keep the costs down?

Dont bother saying Villa, they may have sold 2 players, but I will tell you now they will spend the money they got for them, 100%.

I gauentee they wont - this is a fun game isnt it. I guess we will know when Villa sppend the 37mill.

Newcastle
Sunderland
Balckburn

etc etc etc!

I gauentee they wont - this is a fun game isnt it. I guess we will know when Villa sppend the 37mill.

Newcastle
Sunderland
Balckburn

etc etc etc!

Ok, guess we cant go any further with this till 1st Sept, but the players they sold, it wasnt too keep costs down, both players wanted away and they got decent money.

Anyway, we will review this on 1st Sept, AFTER Villa have spent 37m.

Status
Not open for further replies.