Everton - Founder Members of the Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
Posters on here will know I frequently point out our status as one of the founder members of English football is swept under the carpet. It’s such a magnificent achievement, I have suggested that founder member clubs should have permanent insignia on their shirts to commemorate their status in the game.

With the rotten core that has risen in the last days, the timing could be right for the FA & PL to stop kissing the feet of the ‘Big Six’ and acknowledge the debt owed to clubs like Everton who continue to uphold the values of the game in 2021 just as they did when they were signatories to the birth of our great game so long ago.

They can have their self-acclaimed ‘Big Six’ tag, it’s about time we were recognised as one of the Originals, one of the greats. We should start a campaign.

Last edited:
Posters on here will know I frequently point out our status as one of the founder members of English football is swept under the carpet. It’s such a magnificent achievement, I have suggested that founder member clubs should have permanent insignia on their shirts to commemorate their status in the game.

With the rotten core that has risen in the last days, the timing could be right for the FA & PL to stop kissing the feet of the ‘Big Six’ and acknowledge the debt owed to clubs like Everton who continue to uphold the values of the game in 2021 just as they did when they were signatories to the birth of our great game so long ago.

They can have their self-acclaimed ‘Big Six’ tag, it’s about time we were recognised as one of the Originals, one of the greats. We should start a campaign.
Well said Eggs. you start yhe campaign and we'll all tag along!

I reckon we should get special dispensation to be in the CL regardless of league position and be excluded from relegation in the event of being in the bottom three. lol
I’ve a great idea. We could get together with some of the best teams from each league around Europe.

We could call it something like the Elite League and have no relegation, and we could decide the rules ourselves as we go along.

I’ve a great idea. We could get together with some of the best teams from each league around Europe.

We could call it something like the Elite League and have no relegation, and we could decide the rules ourselves as we go along.

Brilliant idea. What could possibly go wrong?

Have you contacted the club about this Eggs?I think we have really missed a trick not at least having an insignia on the shirts,the club should also really push "Originals"merchandise I think :)

Adidas Everton Originals (not trimm trab - Everton) would be quality but club should look to get some merchandising / PR out to highlight our role as a founder member.

Fair play eggs agree with everything there well said mate

Have you contacted the club about this Eggs?I think we have really missed a trick not at least having an insignia on the shirts,the club should also really push "Originals"merchandise I think :)

....I haven’t, Matey. I’d like to think the club might pick this up or somebody with the right communication route and sway could at least suggest they consider it.

The Reds have 6 stars above their badge that could now ironically signify their part in this moment of shame.

We should have ‘The Original’ upholding the sporting values of the game for over 100 years.

....I haven’t, Matey. I’d like to think the club might pick this up or somebody with the right communication route and sway could at least suggest they consider it.

The Reds have 6 stars above their badge that could now ironically signify their part in this moment of shame.

We should have the Original upholding the sporting values of the game for over 100 years.
Maybe our lovely admins have connections mate? ;)

We should have ‘The Original’ upholding the sporting values of the game for over 100 years.
As I mentioned the last time you broached the subject @Eggs, one way forward with this could be via the fans forum https://www.evertonfc.com/club/fans-forum
Don't know if any GOT posters are involved with this group or know anybody who is? They really need to get together with official fan groups from the other founding members to at least discuss the possibility of some form of recognition.
As you say this could take the form of a 'mention' on the shirts or possibly the use of exclusive corner flags or something. It is definitely something worth pursuing and would surely find favour with ALL of footballs founder members.
Now seems a very apt moment to remind the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.