Everton finances and transfer kitties......

Spend like a lunatic

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
???

What are you getting at there?
I honestly don't know what's going on but I read Barclays Bank are getting a bit worried, something to do with money laundering. My own point was the 'kin cheek of a bank questioning anyone else's business, even though I suppose they have too.
All these bank boss's walked away with their bonuses while the world was on its knees a few years ago.

All these bank boss's walked away with their bonuses while the world was on its knees a few years ago.

Not true, in Iceland they actually had the balls and moral integrity to actually jail the bankers responsible. But in the UK we paid them all money to bail them out because we're all too stupid and keep electing spineless lying rats as our leaders because that's all the choice we get

Either way, could we keep this about Everton and money and that please.

Rather than the dubious morality of the banking system.

Not true, in Iceland they actually had the balls and moral integrity to actually jail the bankers responsible. But in the UK we paid them all money to bail them out because we're all too stupid and keep electing spineless lying rats as our leaders because that's all the choice we get
I did mean the Uk bankers but I never knew that about Iceland, hats off to them

Either way, could we keep this about Everton and money and that please.

Rather than the dubious morality of the banking system.
I agree, shut down any discussion regarding the banking system propped up by a Tory Govt.

In reality, who's arsed, it's not your money just enjoy it and if we go Risdale at Leeds then I'm not arsed because footy is always better when you're shiiiiite

I agree, shut down any discussion regarding the banking system propped up by a Tory Govt.

In reality, who's arsed, it's not your money just enjoy it and if we go Risdale at Leeds then I'm not arsed because footy is always better when you're shiiiiite

Start a thread in the Ale House mate.

This is the Everton Forum.

This has nothing to do with money...NEA

latest
Surely that's lolly

@roydo @Blue_Berry
Just a thought and cba checking the LCC documents.
Perhaps the problem lies with ICBC having a charge over the OMB and 2(?) other Barclays accounts, as I may be misremembering but I seem to think that sponsorship and gate reciept money has to go to them first and are released to the current when the obligations are discharged. In that situation, effectively all income streams are outside of Barclays control.
The other thing is that in the 16 accounts, it was stated that we hadn't renewed the overdraft.
Thoughts?

I'm not totally au fait with the position of charges and what ICBC has taken in that respect for the new facility. However I thought Moshiri had taken out the Barclays debt, other than perhaps a working overdraft to fund the club 's day to day operations. If so, why would there be any noise from Barclays on that score? That's why I'd assumed it was more simple like cash passing into the account from a country that is probably only tier 2 or 3 in the MLR credibility lists.

Or am I completely wrong about the Barclays debt being expunged (maybe it's guaranteed now?)....

;)
I'm not totally au fait with the position of charges and what ICBC has taken in that respect for the new facility. However I thought Moshiri had taken out the Barclays debt, other than perhaps a working overdraft to fund the club 's day to day operations. If so, why would there be any noise from Barclays on that score? That's why I'd assumed it was more simple like cash passing into the account from a country that is probably only tier 2 or 3 in the MLR credibility lists.

Or am I completely wrong about the Barclays debt being expunged (maybe it's guaranteed now?)....
Barclays indebtedness haven't been anything other than overdraft since possibly 2014 which was a refinancing of the Fidelity loan (from memory).
It's all a bit strange as the 2016 accounts stated that the overdraft hadn't been renewed. My point was perhaps it isn't a MLR problem, but that if the overdraft or any type borrowing from Barclays is back in place then they may have threadbare security for it.
I often go off on these musing trails, so probably best to ignore me.

;)
Barclays indebtedness haven't been anything other than overdraft since possibly 2014 which was a refinancing of the Fidelity loan (from memory).
It's all a bit strange as the 2016 accounts stated that the overdraft hadn't been renewed. My point was perhaps it isn't a MLR problem, but that if the overdraft or any type borrowing from Barclays is back in place then they may have threadbare security for it.
I often go off on these musing trails, so probably best to ignore me.

I have no idea what any of that means... :oops:

Lupe-Fiasco-Dumb-It-Down.gif

Moshiri is a major league accountant and financial guru. I am sure (fingers crossed) that he will have done due diligence with regards finances and knows perfectly well what he is getting himself and us into. His interest in Everton is medium if not long term and any investment in the club a la the new stadium is as a vehicle to create even more wealth for himself and his investors given the redevelopment of the dock area.
If we benefit from this then it's a major bonus and will set us up for generations to come.

Cue @davek

You want esk to answer the comment;

"My mate is an accountant and there may be something odd with our sponsorship deal and our bank".

lol

I just mean, the accounts side of things was always his forte, yeah he may have run wild with ITK'ness, but he knows his stuff when it comes to money, so he may have been able to figure out the riddles we were being fed yday haha

Status
Not open for further replies.