Everton FC investigate homophobic chants from own supporters vs Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, I'm finding it hard to believe that any gay lads ( of my age anyway ) would find this offensive, but, if anyone from Rainbow Toffees is on here and told us that some of their members find it offensive or it makes them uncomfortable, then I'd pack it in ( Obviously, I didn't sing it yesterday, but I have in the past ).

After what happened at the Etihad this is a nothing story.
Was this in the refs report?
Chelsea fans complaining?(irony if ironies).
Everton fans complaining?
Or someone at bt stirring things up.
I watched the game and I never heard that.
I heard the greedy barstreward one about Ross.
Just watched the EIthad incident the Sterling reaction was a bit odd, never reacted even after watching Fred get hit several times by objects, he just stood there even after other city players tried to calm it down

The Chelsea rent boys chant is suddenly homophobic? Does a rent boy actually have to be a homosexual? Is feed the Scousers worth an investigation too now?

I think football has bigger problems than the Chelsea rent boy chant that is mainly aimed at them spending lots of money on blokes with questionable loyalty to the cause.

No.

What a joke.

That chant has been going at them for years and not just us.

It's not "homophobic" per say.

We are living in strange times when royalty can shag kids and get away with it, prime ministers can lie and the majority of the country lap it up and snowflakes have overtaken normal people at the match.

Scousers get all sorts of vile stuff sung at us and no one outside the city bats an eyelid.

So I also assume they and every other club will get done for chanting feed the scousers yeah? Because isn’t that racist yeah?

Indeed.

Or being told to “look in the dustbin for something to eat” or “sign on, sign on, with hope in yer heart”.

I put up with that every home game where I sit, in Lower Bullens near the away fans and it never bothers me.

So if a few Chelsea fans take offence at “rent boys” then tuff.

Taken from Sky Sports.....

Both the club and Kick It Out are working with police after receiving reports of a chant being aimed at Chelsea fans by a small section of the home crowd.

Everton say: "Homophobia has no place within our stadium, our club, our community or our game. The club strongly condemns such behaviour and is carrying out a thorough investigation which will include liaison with Merseyside Police."

Good to see the club taking action to remove this cancer from our fanbase. Really sad that it's spoiled a great performance and great result.

Very apt.
What... Cancer ??? You drama queen. Clearly, unlike a lot of us & relatives get it.

Utterly ridiculous. Chants of "you're getting sacked in the morning" and "you're going down" will be next because some snowflake will call it bullying.

Not to mention when the crowd make a statement about the referee's masturbatory habits. Life sentences will be handed out for the hurt caused.

Or we all get our mouth's taped as we go through the turnstiles and they can play approved canned atmosphere over the PA.

I sang it, more so after the feed the scousers chant.

It's not homophobic either, it's more to do with them being posh toff prozzies.
True lad and that chants been going years so why they bringing it up now.im gonna complain about the feed the scousers and sign on chants I’m offended by them I don’t need feeding and I’ve had a job for many years now.what next?they will ban singing in the grounds at this rate

Status
Not open for further replies.