Everton FC investigate homophobic chants from own supporters vs Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken from Sky Sports.....

Both the club and Kick It Out are working with police after receiving reports of a chant being aimed at Chelsea fans by a small section of the home crowd.

Everton say: "Homophobia has no place within our stadium, our club, our community or our game. The club strongly condemns such behaviour and is carrying out a thorough investigation which will include liaison with Merseyside Police."

Good to see the club taking action to remove this cancer from our fanbase. Really sad that it's spoiled a great performance and great result.

Very apt.
Your the cancer that needs removing from the fan base. Always quick to condemn Everton fans. Just like the Son racist video that wasn’t racist.

Bloody ridiculous

That's been said for years at the Chelsea fans. Why is it all of a sudden homophobic?

Surely it's offensive to rent boys that aren't gay, assuming they have to be?

Does that make every working girl a lesbian?

It's getting far beyond ridiculous now.

Be surprised if any homosexual would take a blind bit of notice I used to join in the songs about baldy refs ("you baldy headed twt") and I haven't got a hair on my head it's just another ludicrously "unreal" footy chant.

Surely calling Chelsea rent boys, of which I’d wager NONE of the attending crowd were (if you’re actually selling your body you probably don’t have the cash to get to the other end of the country for a football match) is nothing compared to songs about not being able to find a job, poverty and not being able to feed ones family which I’m sure some attending locally have gone through or families went through during tough times.

It’s pathetic that some issues get blown up and others are still allowed. All Everton and Chelsea fans alike would’ve done the usual reaction of ironic jeers for trotting out the same uninspired crap songs they hear every week, not one would’ve actually felt victimised. Pathetic.

After what happened at the Etihad this is a nothing story.
Was this in the refs report?
Chelsea fans complaining?(irony if ironies).
Everton fans complaining?
Or someone at bt stirring things up.
I watched the game and I never heard that.
I heard the greedy barstreward one about Ross.

It may turn out to be a storm in a tea cup when the truth all comes out and may or may not not mean much personally to you, but when it is on the front sports pages of the Guardian, BBC, Mirror, and Sky to just name a few, it really is more than a nothing story for the club.

Honestly its getting ridiculous now. I say the same to people who get offended by "feed the scousers" Chants are meant to dig out the opposition fans and be insulting. As long as their not racist or mocking the dead anything should be fair game. Should we ban swearing as kids go the game
Haha I sit in the paddock mate and see myself getting outdone for swearing by the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.