Everton fans V Manchester United fans.. penalty shouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Some guy on YouTube has made a video of all United's penalties. 14 premiership penalties in total.
I was talking about it with a United fan, I was of the opinion that most are very soft and alot shouldn't be given.
He's of the opinion that all are good calls apart from 1 (the one against Villa).
So I've developed a theory, we as Everton fans will say these are soft and shouldn't be given because we've become used to not being given them, where as United fans say it's a penalty because they are used to being given them. Here's the link to the video.. are most of these soft or am I wrong?

Some guy on YouTube has made a video of all United's penalties. 14 premiership penalties in total.
I was talking about it with a United fan, I was of the opinion that most are very soft and alot shouldn't be given.
He's of the opinion that all are good calls apart from 1 (the one against Villa).
So I've developed a theory, we as Everton fans will say these are soft and shouldn't be given because we've become used to not being given them, where as United fans say it's a penalty because they are used to being given them. Here's the link to the video.. are most of these soft or am I wrong?

About 5-6 genuine ones there, a few that should never have been given and the rest very soft or played for

United always always always get the rub of the green from officials more than anyone else (yes that includes the RS) and it’s been that way since the PL was first rolled out. One of the main reasons I can’t stand them.

Only around half of them should have been given.

United fans are notoriously awful when it comes to football opinions though. Very very entitled.
But are they entitled because they are constantly being given soft calls, so their opinion is based on what they see being given to them over the years?

vs Chelsea - penalty.
vs Wolves - pen although debatable since he just runs into his leg.
vs Palace - pen.
vs Leicester - pen.
vs Norwich - pen.
vs Norwich - pen.
vs Spurs - not for me.
vs City - pen.
vs Norwich - no pen, the lad is already falling over.
vs Watford - no pen
vs Spurs - no pen
vs Watford - pen.
vs Villa - no pen.
vs Leicester - pen.

Some are hard to judge because only one angle so I might be wrong on some.

Remember the Alli handball one that wasn’t given? The Walcott pull that wasn’t given? Farcical

They took that long with the Ali decision I'm convinced they were rewriting the rules during the process. That game and the aftermath really was the end of my love for football. I only concern myself with Everton now.

The Walcott one was another clear as day penalty.

They took that long with the Ali decision I'm convinced they were rewriting the rules during the process. That game and the aftermath really was the end of my love for football. I only concern myself with Everton now.

The Walcott one was another clear as day penalty.
In the game against United when Gilfi was judged to be offside, he was in that position because he was mowed down by wan basaka seconds before.. A much more obvious penalty than any of the ones in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.