Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon.

bfa3362a55d464d1.jpg

Closing Date 21st of JUNE!

Christ Everton when will you ever learn ever!

Find it odd that not many teams other than Chelsea realized there kit for next year for the last game of the season. Seemed to be the trend the last few years to do it for the last game of season.

I was thinking that too. It might be because the FA Cup, CL and Europa is still to come and there's no World Cup or Euros this year, so summer is quiet, and they can make a big deal about kit launches to distract from transfer business. Can also use new players to trail and reveal new kits.

We're not too good at this kit launch malarkey, I believe (taps nose) they asked lads from the 1878 originals to model the kit to include in a magazine launch. But as none of them are over 18 they had to hide our sponsor with a bog standard umbro tracky top.

Home kit should have pictures released on the 1st May with the ability to pre-order for a small additional fee and receive the kit a day or 2 before the official release date - on the week of the last home game.

Away kit should be as above but 1st June

3rd kit should be as above by 1st July.

what is the f***** problem! Clueless

Well the problem this year is that we didn’t agree the deal with Umbro early enough to do that. You could argue that is poor management of the situation or that we were waiting to see if better offers came in.

Another thing to think about is that kit sales make very little difference to our revenue. At our level at least. £6-7m a year is basically 1 top players wages and the kit sales revenue is already sorted by the deal with Fanatics. It’s not a particularly huge business interest. When/if we start performing enough to be asking for tens of millions a season for kit deals and sponsors it will be different.

Another point, which I bring up every year, is that very few teams have released their new kits yet. Chelsea, Liverpool, Palace, Bournemouth and then United yesterday. It’s not like we are the only club that don’t release their kits in May.

No need to rush on new kit release ....this being Everton , we probably won't have a new signing to model it until late in the window !

WHAT THE HELL EVERTON YE BASTERRRD WHY CANT YOU GIVE US BRAND NEW KIT TO WEAR IN OUR HOLLIES BAD MARKETING BAD BAD BAD
This was genuinely my thought process every summer as a child. Liverpool fans always seemed to have theirs by May.

It was particularly annoying in years where I'd made a poor choice for the name on the back of my shirt, back when they could leave at virtually any point during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.