Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would've preferred Adidas like these
IMG_0357.JPG IMG_0358.JPG

Adidas have only one objective, work the tri stripe into the shirt and design the kit around that, our kits would end up looking like Chelsea's

Nike are cookie cutter kings

Under Armour are designed for muscular gym goers

Le Coq aren't popular, but still have the best fit out of all my old shirts

Umbro at least change up their designs for different teams

Just to the "who cares only kids wear kits" point:

Kids wear the kit because of the badge. How nice it is does affect sales but only marginally.

If we had Under Armour, Nike or Adidas though, the sales of mens training gear, (shorts, half zips etc) would increase astronomically. If you think adults shouldn't care about brands then you're not living in the real world. They do.

Nailed it

I'm 39 (a young looking 39 I'm told) and don't mind admitting I only wear Nike gym gear and trainers. Wouldn't be seen dead in anything by Umbro. Maybe that's embrassing but ask any women about brands and they all have their favourites. I bet most lads wouldn't wear Rockports on a night out either

I don’t think anyone is “angry”. They’re merely not impressed with a brand like Umbro.

Because they scream average.

For someone who ‘doesn’t care’ you’ve posted a fair bit in this thread.

I dont care about the kit.

My issue is with people making a big deal out of something so small, its classic us.

Just reading the replies Everton received on Facebook/Twitter to this news, this hasn’t gone down well at all.

I think it’s safe to say that Moshiri’s era is just a continuation of being average. They hyped us up so much, too.

Era? Mate, we are about 3 years into it with a new stadium on the planning, more investment in every area of the club and you are moaning about continuation of average.

Talk about glass half empty

Just to the "who cares only kids wear kits" point:

Kids wear the kit because of the badge. How nice it is does affect sales but only marginally.

If we had Under Armour, Nike or Adidas though, the sales of mens training gear, (shorts, half zips etc) would increase astronomically. If you think adults shouldn't care about brands then you're not living in the real world. They do.
The point of the Fanatics deal is to develop more and better non-kit gear. So hopefully that won't be the issue.

Era? Mate, we are about 3 years into it with a new stadium on the planning, more investment in every area of the club and you are moaning about continuation of average.

Talk about glass half empty
Near enough every club has received more investment during Moshiri’s time here. The massive TV deal helps.

He said we were going to be building a team around: Stones, Lukaku and Barkley, yet none of them are still here. £138m in fees received from the three alone.

He spun us a load of crap that we were on the cusp of something great. He’s scaled back on pretty much everything now.

Status
Not open for further replies.