Everton de Uruguay

Status
Not open for further replies.

argietoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
I was driving through Uruguay about a month ago and was listening to the sports news. Everton were getting ready to visit someone in the B league in Uruguay and the radio was previewing the match. I checked it out and found this...... www.everton.net16.net

It has a section on the site showing fotos of visiting "english" and I see that Everton de Chile have been in touch with them.

They are from a small town called Rosario about two hours from Montevideo called Rosario - not the Argentine an Rosario where Messi is from.

I would love to know does anyone here know anyone who has been in touch with these guys or has visited?

I know Evertonian James Milner - not to be confused with the baller - has created a website to promote the Evertons in South America.

Ruleteros Society

It does mention the Chileno visit:

Ruleteros Tour to Uruguay 2009:

As with Club Everton La Plata, earlier contact had been made with the Uruguayans. The Group took the ferry crossing across the River Plate to the historic Uruguayan port of Colonia where they were met by representatives of the Club, Jorge and Hugo.

A pleasant afternoon was spent touring the city, which included an invitation to lunch at ex-Everton player Ruben Martinez’s restaurant. The evening was spent at a local bar with Club representatives (and the obligatory “parrillada”) before preparing for the big events the following day.

89th Anniversary:

The Club had postponed their 89th anniversary celebrations to enable the visitors to attend. The day started with a league game at the Colegiales found and an “eventful” game resulted in a 3-1 victory for CA Everton. From the match to the Club’s HQ where the cow slaughtered the day before was being slowly grilled above a log barbeque.

The party was attended by some 300 guests who ate, drank and danced the afternoon away. As proceedings drew to a close, gifts were exchanged between Club President, José Carlos Canela and John Shearon — Club pennants, shirt and an engraved commemoration framed plaque were presented to the visitors.

With the party in full swing, the visitors said their goodbyes as they had a ferry to catch back to Buenos Aires on the eve of the return home.

Status
Not open for further replies.