• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a long, hard, think about this one. I am an Everton fan and I will be there on Saturday night. I'll hear Z-Cars play, sing Grand Old Team, Here We Go and all the other ones. I do not give a flying [Poor language removed] what happens across Stanley Park - they can go shove a wall. They'll [Poor language removed] up in the last few weeks, and if they don't - I still couldn't care.

Haven't ever, shall never support any team other than Everton against Everton. I ain't off, 4th I mean, until it's [Poor language removed] over - and if we win our last games, we have every chance of hearing the Champions League Music next year, and if not, the Europa League is [Poor language removed] wonderful too.

COME ON YOU [Poor language removed] BLUES
we dont mate

"Manc for the day" banner? Jesus wept we're well above that surely? Utterly embarrassing if that happens.

It's our last game of the season, we should be singing all of our players names, martinez's name etc. Thanking them for an amazing season and making us a force again, thanking them for the sexy togger, the performances that we could only dream about in the past and excited that this is just the beginning and what's ahead for our great club. But no were going to make the game all about them. If anything how about a banner about are own team ffs.

Fascinating read this thread, hasn't changed my mind since Sunday but I can see both points of view.

I think it's a bit out of order for some posters on this thread to be holier-than-thou and tell others they aren't "true fans" if they are hoping for a City win. Very RAWK-ish that. We're not a hive mind, everyone has their reasons for feeling the way they do.

There's no way Martinez or the team will go out with anything but a determination to win and I will be cheering them on if they do. But if they lose I won't be surprised and I would be just as happy. Fact is, City should win - the prize they're chasing is far greater, we have a horrendous injury list, the players are looking jaded and the atmosphere will be strange. A lot depends on earlier results. Wouldn't put it past Sunderland to draw at OT and a scrappy 2-1 to the Hammers would be absolutely perfect.

Even though I don't live anywhere near the city, the thought of them lot winning the title gives me the absolute horrors - the total w@nkfest the whole country has had to endure since January would carry on till next bleeding Christmas at least. I have to work with half a dozen plastic gobshites giving it all that, I want nothing more to cut loose and give back some of the [Poor language removed] they dish out.

And why is anyone stressing about appearing bitter? You know they'll always call us that whatever. If we won, their gratitude would last all of 3 minutes before they start again with the usual classless taunts and snide remarks. AND they'd go on to win at Palace (Clattenberg 12th man) AND we'd never hear the end of "the people's champions". If we lost we'd just get accused of throwing the game to spite them (which we won't), so who gives a [Poor language removed] what they say about us? Either way they'll still be disrespectful, patronising, entitled, deluded [Poor language removed].

So a City win for me, all things considered. And a win at Hull to finish on a high. :cool:

No way should we have banners supporting city. We should all support Everton to win. Having said that, if city win, does everyone know the words to blue moon?
Bluemoon, You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.

Or we sing this, in irony nowadays, but it was so true not too long back -

We never win at home and we never win away
We lost last week and we lost today
We don't give a f*** cos we're all p***** up, MCFC ok...

Having read through their threads on RAWK, f-them.. They're the most insular faux-intellectual myopic hypocritical hateful bunch of bellwhiffs I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Honestly there's nothing like them on the net. That skrtlepower fella on YouTube is the closest living embodiment of that cult- I do love him though..

I have never ever wished Everton to lose a game. If, however you said to me we were to lose on Saturday and the scum were to lose on Monday night would you have it, I'd snap your hand off. Seeing them lose it after the way they've already celebrated winning it would be one of the single greatest things known to man and I will dine off it for years. If we then lose to Hull and don't make Europe I'll blame Kone anyway.

I'm obviously buzzing for Saturday to come, even though i'll be flying to Portugal when the game has finished so I won't know the result. I have enjoyed reading your opinions, and I can understand you want us to win. I have had a read on RAWK a few times and it seems like they have a divine right to win the league, some real melodramatic straw clutchers on there to say the least. If they win the league by winning 13 of their last 14 games, then fair play I say. They have played some good football as have we, but I think City supporters will deal with not winning the title better than them.

If you take it easy on us, you can keep Barry for free! lol... Come on City!!!

If you're going to Goodison on Saturday hoping for a city win and sing grand old team, make sure that the irony isn't lost on you, paying them the ultimate respect and what they label at us by sabotaging our own ambitions to spite theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.