• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the general feeling amongst Evertonions regarding City as a club and our supporters?

Good club, good supporters, underachieved persistently, which led to a massive self perpetuating financial gap fed by sponsors and CL money between you and your neighbours (and associated nobjobs like LFC). Both those clubs now resent you bridging that gap with Arabs oil money but what's the difference ?

Good club, good supporters, underachieved persistently, which led to a massive self perpetuating financial gap fed by sponsors and CL money between you and your neighbours (and associated nobjobs like LFC). Both those clubs now resent you bridging that gap with Arabs oil money but what's the difference ?
We broke the cartel of the top 4 who had the benefit of chimps league money and the appeal of bigger sponsors and corporate set. You may not be to happy that Bill Kenwright is not multi billionaire investing money into you big time, but he seems an honest sort with Everton at heart. I know you would not have liked to have had Peter Swales as chairman. He was so blindly obsessed with man-ure that he threw money about in trying to compete on the then record transfer of Steve Daly from Wolves for a record 1.7 mil. We also signed other big name players till the money ran out. Peter Swales also had a reputation of sacking managers who were given a significant transfer kitty, to then be sacked. The new manager came in who would then want to clear the previous managers 'deadwood' whilst being handed decent a transfer fund himself. This cycle was always in repeat mode which meant we were always in constant transition of transpiring to being well behind man-ure to a point of our lowest standing to the depths of division 3.... Infact, when it was pay on the gate turnstiles, our crowd would be typically announced around 37k, when it was obvious to most that the real figure was more like 42k.We still managed to fill Maine road in div 3 with over 30k every other week. Swales was dodgy to say the least, even selling the rights for our old(round) badge to Umbro. FFS, we didn't even own our own club souvenir shop. As for our present owners Sheikh Mansoor and ADUG, they have delivered every promise and more. The new 120mil academy built on 80 acres of a former chemical works is almost finished, providing well over 100 permanent jobs for mostly local unemployed. Good news for an area that is among the poorest in Manchester...

You may not be to happy that Bill Kenwright is not multi billionaire investing money into you big time, but he seems an honest sort with Everton at heart.

I think some of us harboured doubts as to whether Bill would take us forward, but there's always some glass half empty, negative, individuals in every fanbase. Now we have a new stadium being built and Bill's lined up our own masive investment from Far Eastern oil money, it seems clear we have been very fortunate to have him on side.

I think some of us harboured doubts as to whether Bill would take us forward, but there's always some glass half empty, negative, individuals in every fanbase. Now we have a new stadium being built and Bill's lined up our own masive investment from Far Eastern oil money, it seems clear we have been very fortunate to have him on side.

In Bill we trust, all hail king Bill

Never count your chickens...

It will be sad for most Evertonions to leave Goodison at first I think as it holds special memories for you guys. I have been there a few times down the years and it's a proper ground, but too small nowadays. I was a little dewy eyed to leave Maine road as it held some great memories, although many memories i'd rather forget when seeing us get stuffed all too often! lol. Etihad or as the rags refer, 'Council house' just didn't feel like home until about 4 seasons back to me. However, if your new stadium goes ahead and you get good investors, i'm sure you will have future success like we have enjoyed so far. Exciting times ahead for you guys I should think.

It will be sad for most Evertonions to leave Goodison at first I think as it holds special memories for you guys. I have been there a few times down the years and it's a proper ground, but too small nowadays. I was a little dewy eyed to leave Maine road as it held some great memories, although many memories i'd rather forget when seeing us get stuffed all too often! lol. Etihad or as the rags refer, 'Council house' just didn't feel like home until about 4 seasons back to me. However, if your new stadium goes ahead and you get good investors, i'm sure you will have future success like we have enjoyed so far. Exciting times ahead for you guys I should think.

Thanks mate, look forward to welcoming City fans to our new stadium in a year or two hopefully, and hope the two sets of Arabian monarchy can keep it civil for the day :cheers:

What's the general feeling amongst Evertonions regarding City as a club and our supporters?

I dated a scouse bird about 6 years ago when our corrupt(then) owner Thai Franky was at the club, and all her family accepted me as a Manc blue, saying we were the true Manchester team. I guess general opinion has changed somewhat since ADUG bought us. I'm 50 now and I have seen a lot of poor City teams suffer many humiliating defeats over the years, and although we are a long way from where we were back then, I sometimes feel uneasy about our wealth when the likes of you lot cannot compete financially. I am also uneasy with all the glory hunting camera clicking day trippers we are now attracting, and some of the younger fans are becoming smug and arrogant, but it is deffo not what us old school fans are about. But hey, it's all about money nowadays unfortunately, and before we were bought out, I honestly thought I could snuff it without ever seeing my beloved team win another trophy since the old league cup we won in '76.

I watch Everton play and sometimes think, we were like you, behind our team as one for the right reasons... Don't get me wrong, most of us have humility and dignity, remembering all too well where we were not too long ago, especially whilst languishing amongst the dead men of the old 3rd division..

I wish you and your proud club success in the future as you deserve a share of the silverware I think. But, if you do get bought out and start winning trophies, then your hopes and dreams will come true as mine have. However, we are unfortunately morphing into the monster that we hated across town, and I am a bit uneasy being priced out of my seat by some more affluent JCL, despite us loyal supporters being one of the main reasons our owners decided to invest in us in the first place!

I miss the bad old Days of Maine road, alas, but we are keeping up with the Joneseys of the premier league now and watching your team win trophies is a lot better feeling than watching your team get thrashed by Bury and Stockport I suppose! lol.

Just like us mate, interesting you mentioned feeling a little uneasy about the fact you have come into money and probably feel you haven't really earn't the success, well that's honesty, something that a kopite just doesn't have (i don't know any united fans to know if they're the same), so i think you's are ok mate, you's had a great team in the 70's and done really well in Europe too, if you's win the league this year you'll be my 3rd best team behind Cally Thistle

Do the right thing. Lay down and die on Saturday. Liverpool winning the title will put Everton back years. I'm sure Kenwright et al will know the ramifications for their tenure and have a quiet word with Martinez. A successful Liverpool just brings more pressure on them and their lack of success.

Do the right thing.

Quite simply the wrong thing.

A title is won and lost over 38 games not one. If the game, our club and our supporters have any integrity you must want an Everton victory as in every other game we play.

No. And integrity is a mugs game in a sport as corrupt and open to manipulation as this Premier League. Liverpool cant be allowed to stride well ahead of us again.

You either have integrity or not.....

Integrity is worth far more than any League Title

you advocate Bill telling the team not to strive for victory - there's an altering of position here to suit your own particular cause.

Esk 3 - 0 davek

the lemon never stood a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.