Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post mate, didn't really think about what there worth to Everton correct. But if that's the case our valuation shouldn't be laughed at. It's Everton who made the bids public making us look like fools and inept. If you didn't think the bids were worthy of discussion why not tell us in private than take the moral high ground - E.g: Martinez "I don't like the way United operate"

The bids you talk about come from a man who knows these players inside out and the club they play for also. He knows exactly how much they are worth to the club and should bid in line with that instead of taking the possible out of his former employers.

People arn't thinking straight. Fellaini isn't a 25m player, in no way shape or form is he worth that much. There's a reason no club bothered to activate the clause because it's just an unrealistic price tag for someone who's yet to prove he's a top class CDM. Ye's he's great behind the striker but his experience in midfield is limited and from what i saw against norwich fouling people and winning most header's isn't worth 25m which is what Everton are asking for. It's an obscene amount.

David Silva cost city 24m. Navas worth - 14m, Thiago Alcantara - 21m. All midfielder's with higher cielings and more to their game than Fellaini. Hey, I'll hold my hands up if he becomes a top class CDM but i'm yet to be convinced.

The baines bid while slightly low isn't as crazy as you make out. Best Lb in the world? Really? He lacks pace and has never impressed on international duty. I'm not trying to discredit your players as it's normal own fans will have a slightly different view of their team's players but this is my opinion.

Baines in 28 going 29. He is not worth anything over 15m, asking for 25m is unrealistic. Left back's are generally cheap yet you want Baines to be the most expensive left back of all time? At 28?

In the end I hope we bag Fellaini personally, As I feel he gives us more options.

I think some people's valuations on here are a bit OTT, so I agree with part of your sentiment but Baines is a better player than you imply he is. His age is a limiting factor on his value though.

Your bid of 28m was derisory though. Imo I reckon a fair valuation is around £35 mill for both and if they do go that's the kind of figure I'd expect it to be around.

The bids you talk about come from a man who knows these players inside out and the club they play for also. He knows exactly how much they are worth to the club and should bid in line with that instead of taking the possible out of his former employers.

Business doesn't work like that. If we showed our top card and bid 40m would everton have accepted? Like hell they would of told us to **** off and bid over 45m.

People arn't thinking straight. Fellaini isn't a 25m player, in no way shape or form is he worth that much. There's a reason no club bothered to activate the clause because it's just an unrealistic price tag for someone who's yet to prove he's a top class CDM. Ye's he's great behind the striker but his experience in midfield is limited and from what i saw against norwich fouling people and winning most header's isn't worth 25m which is what Everton are asking for. It's an obscene amount.

David Silva cost city 24m. Navas worth - 14m, Thiago Alcantara - 21m. All midfielder's with higher cielings and more to their game than Fellaini. Hey, I'll hold my hands up if he becomes a top class CDM but i'm yet to be convinced.

The baines bid while slightly low isn't as crazy as you make out. Best Lb in the world? Really? He lacks pace and has never impressed on international duty. I'm not trying to discredit your players as it's normal own fans will have a slightly different view of their team's players but this is my opinion.

Baines in 28 going 29. He is not worth anything over 15m, asking for 25m is unrealistic. Left back's are generally cheap yet you want Baines to be the most expensive left back of all time? At 28?

In the end I hope we bag Fellaini personally, As I feel he gives us more options.

In the end its up to our club and how much we value them, their value is based on how important they are to our team. Baines is one of our most important players over the last 3 seasons. He is an Icon to the young blues. He worth more then 15 million to us, Man u didn't bid 15 million either, they have made a bid of around 12 million. Fellaini cost us 17 million and we have developed him for over 5 seasons, he is our best midfielder, he is great at set pieces, attack and defence. He is a top premiership player. We value him at least 23 million which was in his clause. so 23 and 15 is 38 million and we're still being ripped off. If Man u cant afford it or believe in the value then they should move on, not unsettle players and get them to force the move.

Last edited:
Business doesn't work like that. If we showed our top card and bid 40m would everton have accepted? Like hell they would of told us to **** off and bid over 45m.

RVP is mid thirties and badly injury prone. So fairly sure you would accept an 8 million bid then?

Behave yourself and crawl back under what rock you came out of.

Clearly a Manc U supporter talking, when ever I seesomething like this I always think if it was turned around how would they react if it was regarding two of their players, Was Ronaldo worth the money they demanded, Is Rooney worth more than the Chelsea offer. As for Baines at 28 being almost on his last legs what is Evra at 32. At the same time belittles Fellaini saying he is not really worth anymore than he originally cost Everton, yet still hope they bag him. What surely he is not good enough for the red shirt after this chap's diatribe.

I think some people's valuations on here are a bit OTT, so I agree with part of your sentiment but Baines is a better player than you imply he is. His age is a limiting factor on his value though.

Your bid of 28m was derisory though. Imo I reckon a fair valuation is around £35 mill for both and if they do go that's the kind of figure I'd expect it to be around.

When Chelski pay 30 million for an untried prem player!

If we are to sell them (which i really hope we don't) we should be looking at an absolute minimum of £35 million. Even then I think it's too low a figure but will our board have the balls to get any more out of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.