Everton/Celtic or Everton/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewytoffee

Player Valuation: £225k
Which of the Old Firm clubs do Everton historicaly have the bigger link/affinity with.
The world and its mother knows about the Chelsea/Rangers link and the Man United/Celtic Link.

The fact that LFC was founded by an Orangeman and was originally seen as a "protestant club" in the early days also suggests we were, not so much a Catholic club, but more an....Irish club if you like given the citys Irish links etc.

To this day you often see Liverpool/Rangers scarves on the Kip and so on.

I am aware in our city we dont have a real sectarian divide of any depth thank God but growing up would you have had an affinity to either of the Old Firm.

My old lad is a Paddy so I always had a Celtic shirt as well as me Hafnia/NEC

What about you???

If Everton was Catholic and Liverpool Protestant or vice versa I wouldn't have anything to do with either squad.

Rook i am not saying there is any sectarian divide in town, we all know there isnt, I am only asking if, as I suspect more blues follow Celtic and reds follow Rangers. Not for sectarian reasons.

Traditionally Everton/Celtic Liverpool/Rangers, as shown in the 'Royal Blue Mersey' song.

But Merseyside has moved on from all that religious war bullsh*t, so we've got no affinity with any other club really.

I'm Catholic so I'd rather see Celtic win the SPL than Rangers but I think it's ****ing ridiculous and both sets of supporters need to grow up. It's not the 1700s FFS.

Do we need to go there? Rangers and Celtic have enough problems caused by sectarianism for all of us. Our fanbase has been divided enough recently.

Rook i am not saying there is any sectarian divide in town, we all know there isnt, I am only asking if, as I suspect more blues follow Celtic and reds follow Rangers. Not for sectarian reasons.

I know, admittedly I do kind of root for Celtic in the C-league because they have little money compared to the rest of the competetion and I like their jerseys. Plus Gravesen played about 5 minutes for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.