Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The semis are the big issue here. Unless some magical thing like City/Liverpool play each other in the semis we're going to have a massive issue getting through. The 2 leg semifinals make no sense in a "no replay" cup unless it's to make sure you don't have poorer teams make the finals.

The semis are the big issue here. Unless some magical thing like City/Liverpool play each other in the semis we're going to have a massive issue getting through. The 2 leg semifinals make no sense in a "no replay" cup unless it's to make sure you don't have poorer teams make the finals.

Then they ensure it further by fixing the draws so the big teams will be at home second. There’d be no scenario where we had the second leg at Goodison in a two legged semi v that lot. The same way that the last two times we’ve faced them in the FA Cup they were drawn at Anfield.

to make sure you don't have poorer teams make the finals.

Yeah, just Sunderland, Bradford, Southampton, Swansea, Cardiff, Birmingham and Villa making it to the final in the last 10 years.

We've got as good a chance as any of them! I agree though, would help if Liverpool and City draw each other in the semi's.

might be a problem if us and the rs(after they win on pens tonite) are both drawn at home in the next round,someone will have to play sun/tues,and theres not a hope in hells chance it will be them!

might be a problem if us and the rs(after they win on pens tonite) are both drawn at home in the next round,someone will have to play sun/tues,and theres not a hope in hells chance it will be them!

If I'm not mistaken don't they play Arsenal at home the Saturday before the QF 1230 KO and we play Man United away on the Sunday 1400 KO so they could be the Tuesday and we'd be the Wednesday?
Hopefully they go out tonight anyway!

Yeah, just Sunderland, Bradford, Southampton, Swansea, Cardiff, Birmingham and Villa making it to the final in the last 10 years.

We've got as good a chance as any of them! I agree though, would help if Liverpool and City draw each other in the semi's.
Pretty sure they only did that 2 leg semi in the last 5 years

We're not winning this competition because we're crap. As soon as we play a good team we'll go out. Let's just hope we can get one of either Villa, Colchester or Oxford at home, otherwise we're done for.

If I'm not mistaken don't they play Arsenal at home the Saturday before the QF 1230 KO and we play Man United away on the Sunday 1400 KO so they could be the Tuesday and we'd be the Wednesday?
Hopefully they go out tonight anyway!
no mate they play watford at home same day we play utd away,we ll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.