Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
many great memories of Hillsboro,
southalls save in 85,
getting piss wet through on a august bank holiday Monday on the open terrace and sharpy launching a 25 yarder into the top corner 88,i think!
and all those mad fa cup games.

I think it's how most football fans see us.They see Everton as a club of class history and tradition.Unlike our crass and classless neighbours.

I’d say most of the older generation do.

But a lot the twitter generation and media has us down as also rans now, who are just there to offer games and points, and sell our best players to ‘the big clubs’. And to be fair we have been for years.

Remember going to a league cup game mid 80s think we won 3-0. Massive Everton following. The one thing that stuck in my mind was I was in the central pen behind the goal and the crowd swaying was unbelievable. This was pre Hillsborough disaster. You used to get swaying on the terraces but nothing like that. Other times I went after that we made sure we went to the side terraces. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

....my first trip to Hillsborough was in 1970, the game after we won the league. We won 1-0 with a Johnny Morrissey goal, and I think Gay Trip won the Grand National that day.

Always liked Sheffield Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.